~~A GLORYus review~~ 5/2/2010

elldav7

Great review and pictures! I just got off the Glory Eastern Caribbean cruise last sunday and it was great to see all the pictures as I haven't gotten mine up yet. Glad you had a great time. I will be posting my review soon. We had a great time too.

Again, thanks for the kind words everyone, it was sure fun to write.

One thing some people have been asking in other threads where I've posted pictures is about what camera I used. I pointed out earlier in this thread I used the Panasonic DMC-TS1 for the underwater stuff (pretty much everything off the boat was taken with this). Some of the pictures on the boat were taken with a Nikon D40.

I thought the underwater stuff turned out pretty good, and I think a lot of that is due to the weather. Sunny with no clouds all but one day. I really think that makes a HUGE difference.

Good morning Roatan, and hello to overexposing the sun!

So after getting off the bus, we found Tabyana beach to be beautiful.

P1010243Medium.jpg

Here's the view from where we sat down. One nice touch was upon arriving on the beach a worker came up and asked if we wanted to sit in shade or sun, and we asked for shade (yup, still sunburned).

P1010241.jpg

I think this is the beach we were on 7 years ago in Roatan. I am wondering if there was a beach bar there called "Mayan Princess"? Their sign was printed on a surfboard. I know it's been several years, but did you see any such place?

I think this is the beach we were on 7 years ago in Roatan. I am wondering if there was a beach bar there called "Mayan Princess"? Their sign was printed on a surfboard. I know it's been several years, but did you see any such place?

Tabyana beach is on one side of a much longer beach on the Western side of the island (I think called West End). We didn't explore much down the beach, but it looked like there were some bars/restaurants with a bunch of people hanging out a ways down their.

Great review..

I heard alot of bad reviews bout the Glory so I was a little disappointed cus I already booked the cruise. I actually booked the cruise today. YAY!! Im really excited now. We were thinking to go on the Western but the Eastern has less sea days and one extra port. I would love to read a review who went to the Eastern Caribbean to Nassau Bahamas, St Thomas, San Juan Puerto Rico and Grand Turk. I've never cruised before and never been to the Caribbean. First time for everything I guess. Makes me want to invest a underwater camera. Did you guys snorkling in every port? I'd want to horse back ride on the beach, jet ski and go snorkling.

Archived