Loyal Royal just off the Conquest

jdotexas

My wife and I have 7 cruises behind us. Six on Royal Caribbean upon which we sailed 3 out of Florida and three out of Galveston. We prefer to sail in May and since Royal Caribbean chooses to have no presence in Galveston in May we decided it was time to give the Carnival Conquest a try.

Boy am I glad we did! I do see some differences certainly, which I will explain here, in a bit but for the most part, the Conquest was awesome and considering how much less in price it was, made it a great deal.

This will be in parts because I am short on time today, but I did want to start sharing my thoughts with you. I know there are quite a few “loyal royal’s” out there wondering if they would enjoy a Carnival cruise as much as a Royal Caribbean cruise.

As we had budgeted for a cruise, I found I could get us into a suite aboard the Conquest for the same price as the balcony stateroom on the Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas.

So do we pocket the difference and stay in a balcony on the Conquest or go for it and book a suite? We went for the SUITE. Yeah we did. It was sweet. A lot of woodwork, the bathroom was very nice with a double sink and a Jacuzzi tub. Nice sized balcony too.

In my humble opinion (IMHO) we found the service to be even better on the conquest than on any of our previous RCCL cruises.

Cabin stewards and dining room personnel were great on both cruise lines. Food in the dining room was about the same but perhaps a bit better on the Carnival Conquest. The Conquest continues to have salads with their starters on the menus.

The buffet - The buffet without a doubt goes to RCCL. They have a much prettier presentation and by far a much bigger selection of food. I liked the grand buffet on the Conquest, but the Windjammer buffet on RCCL is very good.

On our first day on the Conquest, there were staff members walking around wearing bright red shirts with white letters which read, “Just Ask”.

I got more…

Thanks for the info...

We always book Carnival because of price and the fact that we are Platinum now but I have always wanted to book RCL because I hear that it is so much better.... I guess the only thing that I would like to see different on CCL is the decor, I like the looks of some of the other more upscale lines that I dont want to pay for..... I guess I have Champange tastes on a Beer Budget :D

Archived