Vancouver Restaurants

Any suggestions for unique or interesting restaurants within walking distance of Fairmont Waterfront? Any type of food is fine.

Walking east along Cordova, there's the "The Continental" in the Waterfront Station building, and then an excellent brewpub (with great food) "Steamworks". Both offer good food, and a departure from chain restaurants you'd see everywhere.

Any suggestions for unique or interesting restaurants within walking distance of Fairmont Waterfront? Any type of food is fine.

Salt Tasting Room in Gastown. It has mixed reviews if you look online, but we've always had a great meal of carefully prepared "bites", and it is certainly different.

Viv

Oh wow, Vancouver has so many nice restaurants. I will list a few that are within a 15 min walk from the water. I live in Victoria so I do not know quite as much about Vancouver.

Hapa Izakaya is a Japanese Tapas style restaurant, great food and Sake.

The Banana Leaf has amazing Malaysian food, I love the Beef curry there.

There is also Tanpopo for all you can eat Sushi, I am sure there are better sushi places but the quality at this place for all you can east is great.

Oh and there is a restaurant right in Stanely Park as well as a few right along the inner Harbour in Vancouver. Hope that helps some.

Salt Tasting Room in Gastown. It has mixed reviews if you look online, but we've always had a great meal of carefully prepared "bites", and it is certainly different.

Viv

I completely agree! This is a great little hidden treasure. Don't let the scary alley that it's situated in scare you. Very unique and fun.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going to Vancouver in September I don't know the area at all. But we are booked in at the Cloud 9 revolving restaurant it is on the 42 floor of the The Empire Landmark Hotel (formerly the Sheraton Landmark), one of the tallest hotels in Vancouver. :eek: Trying to rid my fear of enclosed places and heights all at once:rolleyes:

We are going to Vancouver in September I don't know the area at all. But we are booked in at the Cloud 9 revolving restaurant it is on the 42 floor of the The Empire Landmark Hotel (formerly the Sheraton Landmark), one of the tallest hotels in Vancouver. :eek: Trying to rid my fear of enclosed places and heights all at once:rolleyes:

We live down the street and you will have a great view of the city! Before or after dinner walk up Robson Street for some of the best shopping in Canada! Enjoy:)

I hate to rain on anyone's parade but I would check the reviews on the Cloud 9....there is no question that it has terrific views but that is what you are paying for, it is not noted for its food and it is fairly expensive.

Agree with Putterdude. View is great, but the food is not very good. Some friends took us to Cloud 9 and the food was only fair to average, and not cheap.

You'd be better off going up for a cocktail and take in the view, then have dinner elsewhere. There are dozens of much better restaurants in the vicinity.

Archived