Voyager Formal Night - Med Cruise

I'm on the May 30, 2010 Voyager 7-Night out of Barcelona. Does anyone know what night(s) formal night typically is/are? I'm looking to book specialty restaurant dinners. Are there any 'special' dinners in the main dining room that I should plan for.

Thanks!

Mike

Usually the formal nights are the second night of the cruise, and the night before last. I heard that the second formal night will vary, but I think it's a safe bet to say that the first formal night will be on your second evening on the ship. Enjoy the Voyager, I absolutely loved that ship!!

Just off of Voyager last Sunday on the same cruise you are doing, and as already stated the formal nights were the 2nd night (Monday)and the 2nd last night(Friday). Enjoy

Just off of Voyager last Sunday on the same cruise you are doing, and as already stated the formal nights were the 2nd night (Monday)and the 2nd last night(Friday). Enjoy

It's great to hear from someone who's just completed this cruise. We'll be sailing on the same cruise in July. We want to eat at Portofino at least one night and would like to try the wine pairing. Do you happen to know whether they did a wine pairing dinner - last time we sailed on the same cruise (18 months ago) they didn't do it

It's great to hear from someone who's just completed this cruise. We'll be sailing on the same cruise in July. We want to eat at Portofino at least one night and would like to try the wine pairing. Do you happen to know whether they did a wine pairing dinner - last time we sailed on the same cruise (18 months ago) they didn't do it

Sorry Bobal, can't help you I'm afraid. I was on cruise with wife and 2 yr old daughter, so it was easier for us to eat in Windjammer/Island Grill, so never ate in Portofinos.

Thanks SJMCN! We're looking forward to our cruise. Any tips/suggestions for us? We haven't done the Med before.

Thanks,

Mike

My main tip would be to do any excursions yourself using public transport. We did Pompeii (Naples), Rome (Civitavecchia) and Monte Carlo (Villefranche), and had no problems whatsoever. Also, if you have time in Barcelona, Las Ramblas is a must see. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Archived