CP - Skywalkers

SeaTrailer

We are thinking of having a Cruise Critic introduction meeting at Skywalkers at 2PM on Sunday. Not having been on the CP before, do any of you experienced cruisers see anything wrong with this?

Are they open at this time?

Thanks

Skywalker's is a good place to meet before it opens for the evening. There's plenty of seating and few people are there. One thing to be aware of is that for people who are prone to seasickness, it's not the best place. When I was up there for a get-together, some people had to leave because the ship movement is very noticeable from there.

Forget Outriggers. That was recommended to us and so we set up our first get-together there. It was very windy, cold and rainy -- and this was before sailaway. You could barely get out the door and definitely couldn't stay outside.

We wound up meeting up with others at the back of the Cafe Caribe. It wound up being a pretty good place to meet since few people had discovered it yet.

Skywalker's is a good place to meet before it opens for the evening. There's plenty of seating and few people are there. One thing to be aware of is that for people who are prone to seasickness, it's not the best place. When I was up there for a get-together, some people had to leave because the ship movement is very noticeable from there.

Forget Outriggers. That was recommended to us and so we set up our first get-together there. It was very windy, cold and rainy -- and this was before sailaway. You could barely get out the door and definitely couldn't stay outside.

We wound up meeting up with others at the back of the Cafe Caribe. It wound up being a pretty good place to meet since few people had discovered it yet.

Outrigger Lounge is a great place to meet. Just because someone had bad weather don't let that discourage you from considering meeting there. If I'm cruising the Carribean and meeting up with other folks for a sailaway party I'm definately going to do it outside and not in a dining room.

Dan

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Thought there was too much going on Saturday, that's why we picked Sunday.

Interesting point abut the ship's movement, Pam. Will bring that up in our rollcall.

Sorry, fitters, we are sailing on March 26th. Enjoy your cruise!

Dan, we will keep Outriggers in mind. Since there is a fairly large group of CCer's on our cruise, wanted someplace that would not be too crowded so it would be easy to hook up.

Outrigger Lounge is a great place to meet. Just because someone had bad weather don't let that discourage you from considering meeting there. If I'm cruising the Carribean and meeting up with other folks for a sailaway party I'm definately going to do it outside and not in a dining room.
Dan, I understand what you're saying but if a get-together is scheduled outdoors, I'd recommend setting up a back-up meeting place in case the weather is bad. In our case, the tables, chairs and lounge pads were flying around and we hadn't even left port.

Dan

You're so right. We've always met at Outriggers. It's easy to find and the view is nothing short of magnificent.

Archived