Booking A Cupcake Cupboard Private Party

Does anyone know how to book a private party at the Cupcake Cupboard? Every time I see an article about it they mention you can have a private party there to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, etc but I cannot find any information on how to do so. For those of you who have been on the Oasis did you see any mention of this perhaps in the Compass? Thanks.

When my dd and I did our class we were there with a kids birthday party. When you get on board, just go to the CC and ask to book a class. They will ask you the number in your party and if it is a special occasion. If you have enough people you can have the entire session, there are something like 6 sessions per day. They book up fast so do it as soon as you board. They do not advertise these on board, seems everyone there is either on cruise critic or knows by word of mouth. The baker told me they always sell out, no ads necessary and that if you dont show up on time they will give your slot away. Happy baking, NYD

From what I was told it is around $20 per person and it is just a decorating class. You get a pre-made cupcake, some icing and some candy and they teach you how to decorate it...you don't bake or anything like that...she said it was a disappointment and the cupcake was plain vanilla and not that good...I was going to do it on our cruise and she told me not to waste my money

I think it was in the 15-20 dollar range, and earlier poster is right. You dont bake, just get the cupcake and they tell you what you are going to make, we made the dog. My favorite part was the huge bag of icing they give you which I wound up eating pretty much straight out of the bag. The class is held in the shop, which is pretty small but it has windows opening to the RP which make it feel bigger. There is a big table in the shop with stools around it and thats where you work, while the shop is open so folks are coming in to see what you are doing. My daughter who is 12 loved it loved it loved it. I think it was fun, probably would have been ok for just one of us to do it but I did enjoy it, just a little bit too "prepared" for me. We were supposed to get an apron, we got a kids chiefs hat instead which we had to come back for for some reason. I was told by on of the bakers -- they are Very Nice in the shop -- that they were working on the whole thing and would be changing the hat to a cookbook (which I would have prefered) and making some other tweeks as well. All in all, for a party I think it would be fun. Happy decorating, NYD

We will be celebrating my DD 8th birthday in June on the ship and were thinking about booking a cupcake session for that day since we will be at sea....will an 8 year old enjoy it? Sounds fun! Where is it once you board the ship? Since we want to to it on her birthday, we want to make sure we go right away.......;)

Thanks!

Go to the Cupcake Cupboard as soon as you board to schedule the class. My DD and I took the class this week. It was a lot of fun to do together. They gave each of us an apron, chef's hat, bag and rubber spatula. Take your camera for a picture afterwards! Makes for a great memory!:)

Archived