Any Laundry Specials on the Pride of America?

Molokai-Chuck

Okay guys, I've gone through every daily. I can't find any mention of laundry at all. I don't really remember seeing the customary laundry bag in the closet. I've read on other threads about laundromats in port. Hand wash what you need to in the sink and don't worry about the rest. You're in Hawaii!!

Okay guys, I've gone through every daily. I can't find any mention of laundry at all. I don't really remember seeing the customary laundry bag in the closet. I've read on other threads about laundromats in port. Hand wash what you need to in the sink and don't worry about the rest. You're in Hawaii!!

Thank you for checking! I always pack assuming I won't wash my clothes so I won't need to but if there is an opportunity, then it's nice to have the option.

I took a cruise a couple of years ago and the airline lost my luggage so I only had the capris and cotton tee that I had on, along with an extra pair of shorts/tee/underwear plus swimsuit in my carry on. I managed to make do for the entire week!!! I did buy a couple of t-shirts and would have bought or rented more--but I was plus-sized at the time and there wasn't much available. I washed clothes in the sink and a friend traveling with our group let me borrow a clothes steamer which took care of wrinkles.

It's amazing how few clothes you can have and still have a great time!

I WILL mention here that the one BIG thing I left out of my carry on bag was my medication :rolleyes:. I ended up having to make a VERY last minute run to Walgreens to pay out-of-pocket for a the weeks' supply.

Fortunately, my bags were there when we returned.

Thank you for checking! I always pack assuming I won't wash my clothes so I won't need to but if there is an opportunity, then it's nice to have the option.

In December there was the option to have "everything that would fit in the bag" cleaned for a set price. It seems like it was $25, but I'm not sure. It was offered towards the end of the cruise, I think the night before we arrived in Kauai, that would be Wednesday night(?) It was a seperate notice (and bag), apart from the dailies.

Found this on the NCL web site ask and answer page: Yes, for a nominal fee, the vessel will provide everything from fluff and fold service to dry cleaning and pressing. Fees range from $1 - $5 per item. You leave them in a bag with a laundry slip on your bed and they are often returned the same evening. :) http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/shipInformation.html?shipCode=PRIDE+AMER

Found this on the NCL web site ask and answer page: Yes, for a nominal fee, the vessel will provide everything from fluff and fold service to dry cleaning and pressing. Fees range from $1 - $5 per item. You leave them in a bag with a laundry slip on your bed and they are often returned the same evening. :) http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/shipInformation.html?shipCode=PRIDE+AMER

Awesome! Thanks for digging that up!

That's typical on most cruises, but to my knowledge, the stuff-the-bag deal is not. I've heard that some Carnival cruises have the bag stuff deal also. We used the regular sevice on POA, but did not do the stuff-bag thing. Don't know how prompt or quality it is, but the individual item service was excellent.

• 3 months later...
Thanks to all for your postings....I hope they offer the "all you can stuff for $25" .... it seems to be a now and then thing on NCL. Some sailings have it....some don't.

Chuck

For those of you back recently, did you see a All You Can Stuff for $25 deal? We really liked it on Princess and Royal Caribbean. I am still hoping that POA offered it too.

In December there was the option to have "everything that would fit in the bag" cleaned for a set price. It seems like it was $25, but I'm not sure. It was offered towards the end of the cruise, I think the night before we arrived in Kauai, that would be Wednesday night(?) It was a seperate notice (and bag), apart from the dailies.

Many cruises including Pride of Hawaii 2008 and there has always been a fill the bag special and free for Platinum Latitudes the last couple years.

Any recent cruisers on the POAm seen or noticed any laundry specials offered? Such as a bag full for a certain price?

Thanks....

Chuck

I've reviewed my dailies from February 6, 2010 (including all the inserts and cards I had) and I can't locate any mention of a laundry special or laundry service. Obviously they must have a service since some have mentioned it but I can't see that they advertised it.

I've reviewed my dailies from February 6, 2010 (including all the inserts and cards I had) and I can't locate any mention of a laundry special or laundry service. Obviously they must have a service since some have mentioned it but I can't see that they advertised it.

Thanks for checking!! I guess we'll see if there are any specials when we get onboard!

Archived