Boarding A Cruise In Newcastle

Most of you would be aware that the Pacific Sun is doing it's summer season out of Newcastle from September.

My question is has anyone cruised out of Newcastle from the Dike Wharf ?

Last year the Dawn Princess sailed from Newcastle or at least stopped over for the day, more than likely some people joined that cruise in Newcastle. If that is the case where do you park your car when you are being dropped off to join the cruise ? Last year the place was like Fort Knox with a boom gate and security guard stopping the public from entering the dike wharf area.

What makes it worse I am a Novocastrian, in my opinion the cruise ships are docked in the wrong area, no one can see them on the Newcastle side of the harbor that is until they depart.

Alan

I agree Alan.

They should have the cruise terminal on the Southern side of the harbour. Why don't they spend some money and do up the spot at Throsby 1, Wickham. That still isn't ideal, but is much better than Carrington.

I reckon they should build a terminal similar to the one in Noumea and put it where the tugs used to be near HMS Tobruk and have markets etc when the ships are in.

32573_424812166186_121528936186_5742408_7966728_n.jpg

Archived