Labadee

shensadie5

I love visiting Labadee. It used to be my favorite beach for renting a float and floating around all day. However, now the section of the beach that was my favorite is reserved for suite passengers only... too bad.

After visiting last winter and seeing the recent upgrades with the pier, I thought Labadee wasn't quite as nice as it used to be. However, I had a great time on the zip line! I was scared to death, but thankfully the instructors come behind you and pull a chain to release your harness and send you on your way... therefore, you don't have the option to sit and stew about how nervous you are! You get hooked in and sent on your way before you can get overly worked up.

You can read my full review about Labadee and the zip line on my blog.

the jet ski tour was $95 if i remember correctly. you sign the paper at the desk, are assigned to a group, watch a ten minute generic video about boating safety and the instructor gives you instructions and go to the skis and go out. it is so much fun and well worth it. word of advice- book it asap online. we tried online before the cruise but we could not book the three of us together, so we had to do it when we got on the ship.

This was back in 2007 and unfortunately I have the world's worst memory... So I can't remember the amount really, but it was in line with the other spa massages. Keep in mind this is booked through the ship (through the spa). It's not like one of those ones that you just walk up on a beach and ask for a massage. I know this is awful but I can't remember if it was 30 minutes or an hour. I want to say an hour but I could be wrong. Sorry, it's times like this that I curse my bad memory. The main thing I remember from it was that it was much more relaxing than the massages I've had on board the ship. And there was NO pushy sales pitch at the end. My masseuse & I just chatted for a few minutes afterwards (and took the picture) and then I left & took a nap in a hammock. :)[/quo

Thanks so much for posting about your massage. I will ask the spa as soon as I board as I would like to get a couples massage there and surprise my husband. We would both love it. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if "Columbus" beach is reserved for the suite folks? I had read a review which I kept notes from that says that:

"There are 2 main beaches at Labadee -- Adrenaline Beach on the north side, and Columbus Cove on the south. Adrenaline is open, sunny, and has a lot of rocky places. Columbus is in a protected cove, calm water, and has palm tress all over the beach so there is shade if you want it. There are plenty of lounge chairs at both beaches. If you have a suite, there is a private beach area reserved for you"

Is this info still accurate??

Bevie.

Archived