I Pad

cpinstein

Has anyone travelled with the ipad yet? If so, did it work? I know Princess and Crystal are having problems with it. We'r eon the Eurodam next month.
Please tell me that ain't so! I just ordered an iPad and plan to use it on my T/A cruise in September instead of my netbook. What sort of problems have you heard?

There seems to be some problem signing in. Although you pay for the wifi on the ship, there is no address to give them, so no one can get on. I know Crystal has bouthg an ipad is is now working on the problem. I think the same thing happened when the iphone came out.

There seems to be some problem signing in. Although you pay for the wifi on the ship, there is no address to give them, so no one can get on. I know Crystal has bouthg an ipad is is now working on the problem. I think the same thing happened when the iphone came out.

What do you mean there is no address to give them?

We're taking two ipads on volendam on June 2.

I had an iPad on a 6-day coastal cruise on the Zaandam in April but didn't sign up for internet. However, I did talk to someone who had and she was able to sign on. One day, though, she had a problem signing off, which from what I've read sometimes occurs on HAL no matter whether one uses an iPad, netbook or lap top.

I'm gonna paste a couple of posts from Crystal.

I told BJ about this and he said that at least some Ipads are reported to have some difficulties connecting to wi-fi at times. These were initially the wi-fi. He does not know if the problems exist with the 3g versions. Here is a link he provided

http://www.macworld.com/article/1505...ipad_wifi.html

Apple is apparently working on a software patch.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1512...fi_update.html

He did not want to take his Mac on our cruise but he thinks he will take it as backup to his Ipad. he took both his Macbook and Ipad on a recent five day business trip and never opened his Mac. He just loves the Ipad.

I had a note from Passenger Services that there was an issue with using iPads on the ships. No detail was given, only the hope that the issues would be fixed soon.

Please post what experiences you have had with iPads on board.

In times past I took my notebook on board and registered it with CU@sea. I bought some time and could use it on my notebook or on my iPhone.

As the iPad is essentially the same as the iPhone (no MAC address - wifi only) I see no reason it would react any differently. It may be that one has to bring along a notebook register it and then turn it off and put it in the closet and use your iPad. A workaround but it should work.

Any experiences would be welcome.

As the iPad is essentially the same as the iPhone (no MAC address - wifi only) I see no reason it would react any differently. It may be that one has to bring along a notebook register it and then turn it off and put it in the closet and use your iPad. A workaround but it should work.

Any experiences would be welcome.

Of course the iPad has a MAC address--all internet devices do. You can find it in settings-->general-->about-->wifi address

We have 2 iPads. One is a 3G and one is not. Didn't want to pay for more than we needed.

Both are very good at finding WiFi and I have an app that is supposed to help with that.

I am very interested on information about using these on ships but can't see why it would be much different than using our iPhones.

I am also interested in suggestions on travel bags for iPads.

Archived