Using internet cruise agency

If you have ever used a Ta online to book a cruise I would appreciate some feedback both good and not so good. Thank you

I have used a very large online agency, but I didn't do the entire booking online. I used their site to find what I wanted and then I called the 800 number to talk to a real person. I then called back to that same person any time I had a question. The agent was very nice but I didn't feel like I really got personal attention. If I were to call that same person today he probably wouldn't know who I am. I guess the good thing about the really large agencies is that even if your agent is unavailable, someone else could probably help you. It's not like RCI's vacation planners are available 24/7 either.

I switched to a smaller agency after my last cruise (one TA plus an assistant) and so far I'm very happy. If I have questions I can call her or e-mail anytime. If I e-mailed her today, she'd probably answer me right away and it's Sunday. I'm sure there are times when she won't be available and I'll have to wait, but I like that she already knows my name, my dining preference, and other little quirks I have :D

I have used internet 3 times and directly booked 3 times. Never had problems, but got a REALLY nice upgrade for free when I booked directly through COSTA. I like direct bookings better due to the immediate availability of the agents, but will use TA if they have really good deals.

Beware though: make sure you check with the Better Business Bureau when using TA - I have read horror stories out there about TA's missing final payments and cruises being cancelled...TA's not honoring OBC... TA's not honoring original quote.... etc.

As long as you do your homework you can find great deals through TA's.

Archived