What do you think of this balcony stateroom?

talia-co

We are new to Norwegian cruise lines having only sailed with RCL. But we are seriously considering a jump over to sail on the Epic.

Would balcony/NCL cruise experts give me their opinion of stateroom 13165. We wonder if it will be shaded all the time due to the long row of balconies on the 14th deck above us. Would stateroom 11276 be a better choice?

Thank you all!

I think you'll be fine, but you may have a little less sun. The extension of your balcony out at the edge should have plenty of sun. The main portion, making up about 2/3 of the balcony, will be further underneath the overhang. However, most of this is "extra" space that I would gladly take over a small balcony. Besides, there were plenty of times on my cruises when it was hot outside and I would have loved a little more shade by my sliding doors. So, I guess if you're a sun worshiper you only have about 1/2 the space in the sun that a full outer balcony would have (like the cabin just forward of you), but you have a lot bigger balcony than they do. The people that should be concerned are those in the 8 or 9 cabins aft of you. They'll have the small balconies FULLY recessed under the upper ones.

12276 lines up directly with the ones above it, but it's a smaller balcony. There's your tradeoff.

You're welcome. Sun on the balcony is also highly dependent on the direction the ship faces during the various parts of the day too. There will be days you get sun on your entire balcony for the entire morning, or the entire afternoon. Remember, the sun is generally not directly overhead.

Here's a good tool that somebody found that lets you lay decks on each other. Just take deck 14 and lay it over your deck (hint: line up the elevator banks) and you'll see what I was talking about.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit1.php?ship=Norwegian%20Epic

You're welcome. Sun on the balcony is also highly dependent on the direction the ship faces during the various parts of the day too. There will be days you get sun on your entire balcony for the entire morning, or the entire afternoon. Remember, the sun is generally not directly overhead.

Here's a good tool that somebody found that lets you lay decks on each other. Just take deck 14 and lay it over your deck (hint: line up the elevator banks) and you'll see what I was talking about.

i just checked the website. Really cool; I was able to get a good idea of how the higher row of balconies will affect us. Thanks! I went ahead and put the deposit down for Oct sailing. Ok now I'm excited!!!! Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for posting this link.

Archived