NCL Gem to Greek Isles = Heaven

Mooder

This review has so much information, I wanted to keep it toward the top!

Thanks again, Mooder. Our cruise is getting closer by the hour! :D

I'm so glad it has been helpful, OD2! It seems like the only negatives I have been reading in recent posts had to do with heat and crowds so I am betting that you have timed your cruise very well - now that summer is over you should have an experience similar to ours in May. Enjoy! And please come back and tell us all about it!!

I'm so glad it has been helpful, OD2! It seems like the only negatives I have been reading in recent posts had to do with heat and crowds so I am betting that you have timed your cruise very well - now that summer is over you should have an experience similar to ours in May. Enjoy! And please come back and tell us all about it!!

We will have crowds to deal with -- on the 30th, when we return to Venice, 6 ships are scheduled in port!

We have only booked one excursion thus far ... time is a wasting! :eek:

We just returned last night and can't believe how well everything went. I hope to write up a full review today, but in the meantime, I have to say this is a wonderful itinerary. We already knew we loved the Gem and she didn't disappoint. Being a pretty port-intensive itinerary, our only disappointment would be that we didn't spend much time on the ship and we turned in early most nights.

And we are indebted, as always, to CC for enhancing our cruise. We had never shared tours with people we met on roll call before and didn't know how that would go. But with no exception, we met the most wonderful people and our new friends all added greatly to our experiences!! :)

I'll be happy to answer any questions.

We did the two weeks on the Gem in July and it was wonderful. What ports did you like the most?

I think Santorini was special. I want to go back. I had been to Athens before, and frankly getting up the Acropolis after the strike was a zoo, so Athens was a bit down compared to all. Corfu was my second favorite. Dubrovnik was a special treat as well as Turkey.

We did the two weeks on the Gem in July and it was wonderful. What ports did you like the most?

I think Santorini was special. I want to go back. I had been to Athens before, and frankly getting up the Acropolis after the strike was a zoo, so Athens was a bit down compared to all. Corfu was my second favorite. Dubrovnik was a special treat as well as Turkey.

Sadly, I only did the Greek Isles half. I don't know how to pick, but I'd probably say Santorini. It was truly special. I think if I was going to pick a place to live though, I would pick Corfu since it had beauty and culture but also is larger and more developed so it has all the modern amenities. I am planning on a cruise that includes Athens next year. Everyone raves about Turkey so I can't wait for that as well!

Archived