Just found lower rate...how do I go about ...

ecj922

Take a screen shot of the lower fare and save it as a file on your computer. Go to THIS page.

• What should I do once I find a lower rate?

Complete a price protection claim form. If the request meets the price protection requirements, we will process your onboard credit for the fare difference and send you an email confirmation within 2 business days of your request.

• What information must be submitted for a price protection request?

• Guest(s) name
  • Sailing information
  • Available cruise fare being requested
  • Where the lower advertised fare was found (i.e.: Carnival.com)

• When can I submit a price protection request?

Carnival will accept price protection requests up to 2 business days prior to sailing.

There's a couple of different ways to get it. If you booked directly with Carnival then I would call them and they can let you know if there is a form to fill out or sometimes they will do it right over the phone. If you booked with a TA then I would call them. Happy cruising! Congrats on the lower price.

Thanks everyone! My cruise isn't until 3/12/2011 but just found the fare for $40 less than I paid. So that works out to $80 for us (So far!) I will keep my fingers crossed for more price drops. Thanks for all your help!

Thanks everyone! My cruise isn't until 3/12/2011 but just found the fare for $40 less than I paid. So that works out to $80 for us (So far!) I will keep my fingers crossed for more price drops. Thanks for all your help!

Keep a sharp eye out. Our last cruise fluctuated in prices sometimes daily! Ended up with $450 OBC. Love ES!

Keep a sharp eye out. Our last cruise fluctuated in prices sometimes daily! Ended up with $450 OBC. Love ES!

WOW!

I Would love to end up with $450 OBC!

NEW QUESTION -

Sent in form. How do I know if it is approved and where would I look for the OBC approval?

They SHOULD send you a email confirming they got the claim form. Then it usually takes 3 business days to see if it gets approved. I have waited a week before, I have also had them confirmed within 3 hours, depends on how busy they are I guess.

If booked under the early saver rate, can I get the price drop if a past guest rate is lower or is only if the regular rate drops (I do qualify for past guest). Thanks!

If booked under the early saver rate, can I get the price drop if a past guest rate is lower or is only if the regular rate drops (I do qualify for past guest). Thanks!

If you are a past guest then yes, you can price match the past guest rate while still staying booked ast early saver.

If you are a past guest then yes, you can price match the past guest rate while still staying booked ast early saver.

Also, while monitoring the Past guest Rate, also Monitor the Resident Rate for your State. ken

NEW QUESTION -

Sent in form. How do I know if it is approved and where would I look for the OBC approval?

OBC is only for those who have paid in full. I'm assuming with a 2011 cruise you still have to make final payment. In that case it will show as a rate reduction, or less that you have to pay come final payment. If you did happen to already pay in full, it should show up the same place you check your balance on carnival.com.

Archived