Wave Runner Adventure....who's done this?

deezee28

Who has done this tour booked through Island Marketing, LTD. The info on this tour states the following:

The Grand Cayman Wave Runner Stingray City Adventure starts from a beautiful Resort found a short 15 minute drive from the Port of George Town where you will be instructed on all aspects of Wave Runners Operations and controls, fitted with life vests you will be on your way to the WaveRunnerCouple.jpgStingray City Sandbar. The 10 to 20 minute ride to stingray city is the experience of a lifetime, not to mention the location you will be visiting on your first stop. The beautiful Sandbar enables you to interact with our friendly Stingrays in only 3ft of water!!! At Stingray City you will be feeding, petting and interacting with Southern Stingrays for approximately 30 minutes.

Following your special time with the Rays we blast our way to the beautiful Rum Point area of Grand Cayman in search of secluded beaches. Relax on the Rum Point Sandbars, secluded pristine beaches, beach comb for tropical shells, find starfish, or just plain relaxation! This excursion will take you away from the crowds, allow you to visit unexplored places and will add plenty of excitement to your Western Caribbean Cruise!!!

Total Tour Time is approximately 2 hrs "beach to beach" and designed for 1 rider, 2 riders, even two parents and a child riding on the same wave runner! This tour is exclusive and in small groups only. Please ensure to reserve early as availability is extremely limited by submitting an availability request form, available ride times will be noted on our availability reply, all times will be noted to conform to your Shore Times in Grand Cayman.

The excursion departs form a beautiful Resort located on the North Sound of Grand Cayman found approximately 15 minutes from the Port of George Town (your tendering area). All reserved Guests have the option of relaxing at this wonderful Property before, as well as following the Tour. If you have family members (Children under 8yrs of age with a Guardian or elderly Parents) who would like to also join you at the Resort but will not be joining the Tour they may await for your return from the tour at the resort. The Resort has all amenities as well as facilities for your use, swimming pool, outdoor/indoor bar facilities, bathrooms and more!

Now, what I would like to know is what resort is this?

I'd like to check out more detailed info on the amenities of the resort and the food and beverage prices.

Also, I would like to know if you have to pay extra for transportation from the port to the resort, and back.

I've also found the Wave Runner Adventure through "Fat Fish" but it is considerably more expensive....we are a family of 4.

Thanks.:)

We did this tour over a year ago and it was AWESOME! The Resort is nice, The Grand Caymanien or something like that. There is a nice pool area and restaurant and we stayed for lunch. Prices are not cheap in Cayman but I don't remember it been too bad.

Transport is extra, you can take a taxi or they arrange a van for you and it was less with them, I think $5 us.

The Wave runners are great and it was a fun way to go to stingray city and also to Rum Point.

We did this tour over a year ago and it was AWESOME! The Resort is nice, The Grand Caymanien or something like that. There is a nice pool area and restaurant and we stayed for lunch. Prices are not cheap in Cayman but I don't remember it been too bad.

Transport is extra, you can take a taxi or they arrange a van for you and it was less with them, I think $5 us.

The Wave runners are great and it was a fun way to go to stingray city and also to Rum Point.

Thanks for sharing your experience. This will definitely be one to consider!!!:)

Did this excursion last September, a great bang for the buck. I think it was about $80 per person, there were only 4 of us and the guide.

The resort was isolated and nice.

Thus far my fav excursion to date.......

Did this excursion last September, a great bang for the buck. I think it was about $80 per person, there were only 4 of us and the guide.

The resort was isolated and nice.

Thus far my fav excursion to date.......

HI!

Did you spend any time at the resort where you begin and end the adventure? If you did, how was your experience? What were the prices, more or less, for food/bev? Were there any watersports included, such as kayaks?

Did you get to do any snorkeling at the barrier reef before or after the Rum Point beach stop? If you did, what sea creatures did you see?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just so confused as to which excursion to choose.:confused: At this moment I'm torn between the Wave Runner Adventure and Nativeway Watersports Rays/Reef/Rum Point beach with lunch excursion.

Thanks.:)

Deezee,

Our guides told us we had 3 hours and how we spent it was up to us as a group. The ride to Stingray City is somewhat time consuming 15 minutes or so to get there plus playing with the rays, but riding those beautiful waters at 55mph was awesome!

Since we spent quite a bit of time at Stingray City, our options afterward were to go snorkeling or visit Rum Point Beach then head back to the Grand Caymanian Resort. We opted for Rum Point where kayaking and snorkeling was available along with a restaurant and gift shop, we had a drink took some nice pictures and just relaxed.

Upon returning to the resort, we spent maybe 30 minutes or so at the pool with drinks while waiting for our bus to pick us up (can't beat the $10 per person roundtrip fee).

When you consider the geographic area covered and the handful of options, it was a great value. We plan on repeating this excursion on the next visit in September........hope our experiences help you make a decision :cool:!

Who has done this tour booked through Island Marketing, LTD.

My husband, 20 year old daughter and I did this excursion with Island Marketing a week ago. My husband had his own waverunner and had the time of his life - on the way back a bottlenose dolphin played in his wake just 10 feet from him. I wasn't quite as thrilled, as the water was a little choppy and I ended up dumping us off at fairly high speed (NOT fun). The guides were beside us very quickly making sure we were both okay and helping us back on the waverunner, and my daughter drove the rest of the way without further incident.

We went to Rum Point after the stingrays, but I hadn't thought to bring any money with us, so we just stood around and stared at each other waiting until we could go back. A beach chair and a cold drink would have been nice....

Back at the resort, we rinsed off and most of us enjoyed the resort pool while the others got drinks. The pool was very nice - I think I would rather have gone back there instead of to Rum Point, but my husband preferred getting the extra time on the waverunner. All-in-all, a very good excursion and worth the cost, in my opinion.

coasterjan

Deezee,

Our guides told us we had 3 hours and how we spent it was up to us as a group. The ride to Stingray City is somewhat time consuming 15 minutes or so to get there plus playing with the rays, but riding those beautiful waters at 55mph was awesome!

Since we spent quite a bit of time at Stingray City, our options afterward were to go snorkeling or visit Rum Point Beach then head back to the Grand Caymanian Resort. We opted for Rum Point where kayaking and snorkeling was available along with a restaurant and gift shop, we had a drink took some nice pictures and just relaxed.

Upon returning to the resort, we spent maybe 30 minutes or so at the pool with drinks while waiting for our bus to pick us up (can't beat the $10 per person roundtrip fee).

When you consider the geographic area covered and the handful of options, it was a great value. We plan on repeating this excursion on the next visit in September........hope our experiences help you make a decision :cool:!

Who has done this tour booked through Island Marketing, LTD.

My husband, 20 year old daughter and I did this excursion with Island Marketing a week ago. My husband had his own waverunner and had the time of his life - on the way back a bottlenose dolphin played in his wake just 10 feet from him. I wasn't quite as thrilled, as the water was a little choppy and I ended up dumping us off at fairly high speed (NOT fun). The guides were beside us very quickly making sure we were both okay and helping us back on the waverunner, and my daughter drove the rest of the way without further incident.

We went to Rum Point after the stingrays, but I hadn't thought to bring any money with us, so we just stood around and stared at each other waiting until we could go back. A beach chair and a cold drink would have been nice....

Back at the resort, we rinsed off and most of us enjoyed the resort pool while the others got drinks. The pool was very nice - I think I would rather have gone back there instead of to Rum Point, but my husband preferred getting the extra time on the waverunner. All-in-all, a very good excursion and worth the cost, in my opinion.

coasterjan

Thanks for sharing your experiences, I truly appreciate it. After the great reviews from the CC community and from "tripadvisor" dot com we have finally decided on doing the wave-runner tour to Stingray City and Reef.

Keep sharing those experiences...it definitely helped me in making my decisions....I'm sure there are others who will also benefit. THANKS AGAIN.

BTW, after much research we chose to do this tour with "Fat Fish". We're confident that we'll have a GREAT time. I'll definitely come back and share my experience. :D :)

We used Fat Fish a year ago, to date still our best Excursion ever, you won't be dissapointed. However, even when we went the ocean was "calm" riding a waverunner in the ocean is still a choppy experience, its fun but it is bumpy, its not the same as riding in a lake or a river.

However, even when we went the ocean was "calm" riding a waverunner in the ocean is still a choppy experience, its fun but it is bumpy, its not the same as riding in a lake or a river.

Well said, I lost a bracelet my kids bought me for Xmas. The wifey's hands were numb afterwards and her inner thighs.

I also recommend adding a neck string for sunglasses.......55mph is fun but it can tax the body!

We used Fat Fish a year ago, to date still our best Excursion ever, you won't be dissapointed. However, even when we went the ocean was "calm" riding a waverunner in the ocean is still a choppy experience, its fun but it is bumpy, its not the same as riding in a lake or a river.

Well said, I lost a bracelet my kids bought me for Xmas. The wifey's hands were numb afterwards and her inner thighs.

I also recommend adding a neck string for sunglasses.......55mph is fun but it can tax the body!

I've never ridden a waverunner, needless to say I'm a little apprehensive, but really excited at the same time. At least I feel really confident with "Fat Fish" and I'm really looking forward to this tour. Wish me luck!:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hiya,

Is there a place on the waverunner to put stuff? (money, sunglasses and the like):confused:

It says to bring a towel, do they hold it for you?

thanks,

hayley

We were allowed to keep our things in a locked shed at the resort. There is a small compartment on the waverunners that is not "completely" water proof. Try contacting the company to get the exact details.

We were allowed to keep our things in a locked shed at the resort. There is a small compartment on the waverunners that is not "completely" water proof. Try contacting the company to get the exact details.

Hayley,

I'm booked with Fat Fish for July 8th and had that exact same question. Here is Carolyn's response....

"We have dry storage compartments on the jet skis. They can hold a large knapsack and are a great place to store your personal items, if not on our company bus. Our bus will also be locked and secure while you are on your tour, or our driver will be in the bus and supervising everything."

I had explained to her that I wanted to be able to shop and take pictures with my dry camera before our excursion as we will be getting back from our trip in time to get in line for the tenders.

Hope this helps!

Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to get back on a wave runner? Particularly if you get "dumped" in deep water. Is there some kind of step? Thanks for the help.

I do not recall a step but the back is downward sloping. I was riding pretty aggresively and did not come close to falling...so you will have to try very hard to get dumped.

Now that I think about it, I had to help the wifey get on in shallow water and she is pretty athletic........

ok, now im a lot concerned. i didnt even think of anyone falling off. Im dragging my mother along on this excursion, and if she dumps it, i really don't see her being able to climb back on!:confused:

anyone have any experience with this?

thanks a bunch!!

Hayley

ok, now im a lot concerned. i didnt even think of anyone falling off. Im dragging my mother along on this excursion, and if she dumps it, i really don't see her being able to climb back on!:confused:

anyone have any experience with this?

thanks a bunch!!

Hayley

Do not be worried, the guides are there for your safety and enjoyment. The waverunners can accomodate 2 adults so maybe that will relieve some anxiety. Relax and enjoy :cool:!

My wife and I just did this tour on June 22nd. It was AWESOME... the best excursion out of our entire cruise.

The "dry" compartments are not "totally" dry.... One of my best investements was to purchase a "Dry Bag" off of amazon. IT was like 25 bucks and kept everything perfectly dry.

The weather was great, the sting rays were great, our guides were great... Just a good time all around. Bring some money if you want to purchase a beer or food at Rum Point.

I will try to p[ost some pics of the tour here... I have a few.

BTW, after much research we chose to do this tour with "Fat Fish". We're confident that we'll have a GREAT time. I'll definitely come back and share my experience. :D :)

I am also looking at this outing. Why did you end up going with Fat Fish instead of Island Marketing Ltd?

My wife and I just did this tour on June 22nd. It was AWESOME... the best excursion out of our entire cruise.

The "dry" compartments are not "totally" dry.... One of my best investements was to purchase a "Dry Bag" off of amazon. IT was like 25 bucks and kept everything perfectly dry.

The weather was great, the sting rays were great, our guides were great... Just a good time all around. Bring some money if you want to purchase a beer or food at Rum Point.

I will try to p[ost some pics of the tour here... I have a few.

Pics would be awesome!!!!:D

We did this tour with Fat Fish last May. It was the highlight of our cruise, next to me swimming with the dolphins. :) There was four of us in our group + our guide. It was so much fun that we we'll definitely do it again whenever we're back in the Caymans & we'll choose Fat Fish again due to their great service.

Archived