NCL sea to cancun

crewsin250

We have made it once in three times. As far as I'm concerned, it's no big deal because I just enjoy the ship so much. I doubt the issue is how shallow the water is there, but how much the tenders will rock and roll and bob up and down in the waves. The waves wouldn't bother the big ship at all, but the tenders will really move, making it quite dangerous to get on and off.

WE were lucky I guess: one for one, but in a party of 8 only 4 of us even bothered. We still had some junk to buy, that's why we tendered in. Although the water is lovely I could be just as happy staying on the ship. For those who really are in love with Cancun maybe an all inclusive vacation would be the answer. Some of the best are in Cancun and Playa Del Car. Just my thoughts.

NMnita

We were on the Sea on the late September cruise. Made it to Cancun and took the ship excursion, drift snorkel, along the coastline of Isla Mujeres. Wonderful, wonderful. The water and fish were magnificent. $39 for three hours. Had a wonderful time with crew member from the Ship via Dive-In.

Would do it again in a split second.

I was on the Sea 1/22 to 1/29/05 and we made Cancun. It was actually a really fun port.

The reason they don't make this port some times is because there is (according to the captain) only about 5 to 6 feet from the bottom of the ship to the ocean floor where they have to dock, so if there are strong currents or surges in the water, it makes it impossible to stop there.

didn't make it on the dec 18-25 cruise..disappointed we didn't do the ruins from Cozumel or belize...i wouldn't plan on having to do anything there and would book all excursoins through the ship at that port if you want something lined up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived