Attempt to fit into my clothes at the end of our cruise!

Back on topic, but has anyone taken any of the fitness classes offered? Specifically pilates or yoga? I've been practicing hot yoga for several months and don't want to have a break in my practice while on board, but I'm not sure if it will just be a hour of breathing with a few sun salutations thrown in.

I took a pilates class when I was on RC and it left much to be desired.

Every ship I have been on offered yoga or pilates, spinning, and even personal training services. I never took a class because they're about $12 per class, but they are offered. I've been wanting to try hot yoga for a while.

Back on topic, but has anyone taken any of the fitness classes offered? Specifically pilates or yoga? I've been practicing hot yoga for several months and don't want to have a break in my practice while on board, but I'm not sure if it will just be a hour of breathing with a few sun salutations thrown in.

I took a pilates class when I was on RC and it left much to be desired.

I opted to stay away from the yoga classes on the ship initially after reading comments here are few years ago that the classes were pretty basic. I did get the chance to see one on a cruise where we were in the spa hot tub at the same time the class was taking place - in a glass walled room so everyone could see in. It didn't seem like a bad class, but not sure it will be the challenge you are probably looking for. Typical sun salutations, some warrior poses, a few balance poses, then hip work, hamstring stretches and some twists from what I saw.

Like anywere - it all depends on the instructor. I've had some really great yoga instructors and also some really terrible and unqualified ones.

I took a few spinning classes on the Valor,:) and was surprised at how good they were. I take spin classes 4X a week at home and had heard the classes weren't that good, but my experience was fantastic! I didn't gain any weight that week! It felt good to sweat all that extra sodium out. I also like to use the sauna before my shower and drink lots of water. Have a fabulous cruise!!!

Misty

I am six pounds heavier than before we sailed on the Dream on May 8. My DH is three pounds heavier. The poster who said a lot is sodium is correct. Plus I did eat more. We had things that we only have on vacation..grits with butter..bacon...pizza...cookies. We ate three meals a day, whatever we wanted...B and D in the MDR and lunch on the Lido Deck....only two snacks...cookies from the Coffee Bar ..one each..BUT We always get a cabin far from the Lido and Dining Room. The walking to and from adds up..and discourages late night snacks. We walk a lot on shore excursions. I seldom drink alcoholic drinks. DH is moderate until the last night..Farewell Party..where the drinks were replaced before you finished the one you were drinking...good band..nice people..not that many people there...it was worth a couple of pounds. I also went back to my Weight Loss Group Today....I faced the music...I had encouragement from friends..and I am back to weight loss mode...until next year...for another week. One week out of the year...not so bad. The Stair thing is a good idea..the elevators on the Dream are always crowded..my one complaint about a great ship..great cruise....good food..obviously. ( The Rustica Pizza...delicious):)

Archived