Kid attire on formal nights?

careywv

Ugh, I avoid walmart at all costs!

I would not want to live somewhere without a Target!

Here is a link to Children's Place khaki pants. Maybe they have his size but you'd have to pay for shipping.

http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_10001_10001_-1_26918__26601|26908|26918_big%20boy|bottoms|pants

I'd love a Target!! Our closest is over an hour and half away. Seriously, I live in the boonies. :eek:

I saw those when I was searching. A little more than I want to pay for one-time use pants - that may sound cheap, and I'm sorry. Also, I have no idea what his inseam is, and I won't have him again until the Wednesday before we cruise.

I agree - formal in our family means formal. I'm the only female and NEVER get the opportunity to dress up in formal attire except on cruises. My hubby and two sons (8 and 9 years old) dress up each Sunday for Church in suits and ties. It is not a HUGE shock to their systems when I say "Pack your dress clothes!" I also torture the three of them by requiring one dance from each of them on the formal nights!:p

Carnival no longer has "formal nights". They have Cruise Elegant nights with a more relaxed dress code to reflect the more relaxed dress code in today's society (and to help passengers cope with rising airline luggage fees.) If I were to make my DH and DS dress up in suits and ties to Church they would be the only ones dressed that way and feel extremely out of place in our Church (which is the largest one in our community). While you can still dress up on Carnival, if you so wish, you will find the majority of the passengers enjoy the relaxed dress code of today and take full advantage of it. There are many cruiselines out there that still cater to the people who prefer to dress up and prefer have everyone else do the same. It's nice to have the option Carnival gives us to dress in a way that reflects our life style.

OP as others have stated shorts are not allowed on Cruise Elegant Nights but they are allowed on the other nights. Collared shirts and Khaki's are fine for Cruise Elegant night. Formal is no longer required on any night on Carnival.

In all reality, these children don't have dressy clothes. So that means Aunt Amy (me) would have to purchase them. Their mother told us that if they need dressy clothes that she wasn't buying them. :(

So I've been scouring the internet for really good deals over the past few weeks, and I think I've found some items that will work with reasonable price tags. :D

Before you pay shipping, you can go to Walmart and get a dress shirt tie combo for like 10 and a pair of kakis for the same. Also, sometimes places like Ross or Marshall's have them. You should be able to find her a nice dress for the same.

Since they aren't exposed to this, and you are of such a wonderfully generous nature, I think it would be great for you show them what an elegant evening out means. And just think of the picture you could take as a family to remember it by? I am sure DH would do that for you!;)

The pic in my sig was taken on the Glory on formal/elegant night. I got my son's suit at a resale shop for $7. I got my daughter's dress on ebay for $20. :)

Formal nights are dress up for us. But other nights, Carnival states "resort casual", so my husband and son wear khaki's and golf/polo shirts, DD and I wear sundresses.

Archived