New Promotion includes 50% discount on pre-booked shore excursions starting 2011

Jade13

2011 in April and May

Is this going to be one of those dumb promotions where the shore excursions will be doubled so you can purchase them at "half price". These aren't even available yet for April (Journey) and May (Quest) 2011.

Of course our April 2011 Quest is not included and neither are any of the premium tours.

"Please Note:

Rates are per person, based on double occupancy, for Club Suite, Veranda, Oceanview and Interior stateroom categories, for individual bookings, cruise only, in USD, and subject to availability. Rates may vary by ship, departure date, and stateroom category. All offers and itineraries are subject to change without notice. Offers may be withdrawn at any time. Government taxes & fees are additional. 2-for-1 savings offer pricing is based on pricing as shown on 2011-2012 Brochure Rates. Each guest will be charged 50% of the total 2-for-1 price in the reservation. Rates shown above and on AzamaraClubCruises.com booking tool already reflect 2-for-1 savings program. Included gratuities are for housekeeping, dining and bar staff only. $1,000 per person savings is available ($2,000 per booking) if booking is made by December 31, 2010 and is automatically applied to the reservation at time of booking. 50% Land Discoveries Savings (LDS) is valid for full fare (including 2-for-1 fares) bookings for sailings from 04-Apr-11 (Journey) and 06-May-11 (Quest) through March 2012 voyages. The LDS is in U.S. Dollars. LDS offers 50% savings on about 90% of Azamara Land Discoveries, however, excludes overland tours, special ticketed events such as the Monaco Grand Prix, Rio Carnival, other unique Land Discoveries/tours, concerts and other ticketed performances, and are only available when pre-booked. Once guests have made at least one payment toward their voyage, Land Discoveries tours can be booked on AzamaraClubCruises.com. In order to book online, booking #, ship name and sail date are required. Savings are not available once onboard the ships. Land Discoveries reservations under this program are accepted on a first come, first served basis, and are subject to availability. LDS applies to Azamara Club Cruises Land Discoveries (shore excursions) program, and excludes private arrangements. The LDS program is not available for chartered voyages. Restrictions apply and penalties apply unless Land Discoveries program(s) are cancelled 24 hours prior to arrival in to port. Excursions will be available for pre-sale at least 4 months prior to sailing.

We hope you enjoyed this email from

Azamara Club Cruises

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

www.AzamaraClubCruises.com"

Sounds like a nice promotion for those who take shore ex's, and an incentive for some to try them, who otherwise would not have.:)

It's understandable that the April 2011 Quest itineraries are not included since the pricing on those itineraries is quite reasonable to start with.

Also understandable that they have to have restrictions on which ones are offered at half price ...and excluding ones such as Rio Carnival & Monaco Grand Prix.

The announcement also indicates that shore ex's are available for pre-sale at least 4 months prior to sailing, and it's not unusual not to be able to see the offerings for next April/May now.

As far as doubling the prices and then reducing them, I doubt it. Since it's easy to compare what the prices are for shore ex's on Azamara's site it would be quite obvious if they did that, and I think they've thought it through a bit more than that.

Hi Jade..

I've called AZ a couple of times over the course of the past year specifically on our shorex for this Oct/Nov.

They began adding some of ours this past March and I was told that all of them would be up by this June.

Since I really wanted to have my private tours lined up BUT I was hoping they would be adding Herculaneum and Paestum to the Sorrento/Amalfi stops they transferred me to the dept..that sets up shorex.

They told me when it's about 4-6 months is when all shorex all locked in with vendors and loading up for us to see.

As far as I can tell with my preliminary digging..it doesn't appear that they are raising the price of shorex.

and yes I'm with you on not liking that kind of marketing..

Archived