Albert is booked - help!

l7464

• 2 weeks later...

Donna, you may care to contact him, he was extremely flexible on times. After our tour he was picking up another group from another ship that had come in and he was taking them on a late afternoon-early evening tour.

Donna, you may care to contact him, he was extremely flexible on times. After our tour he was picking up another group from another ship that had come in and he was taking them on a late afternoon-early evening tour.

Great advice - I'll try that! I have a few emails out to other guides, but haven't heard back yet, so if they don't come through, it's good to have another option.

• 2 weeks later...

Albert was a no-show

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Albert was reserved and confirmed by me for 5/22 @ 2:30 because I needed time to get some of my party off the ship-----he was not there....I was told he had waited an hour before leaving. I pointed out to various other drivers that since it was 2:20, I was actually early. My party of 6 included a 90 and an 88 year old....did not appreciate having to negotiate in the heat with another driver.

I reserved in February and confirmed the week before our cruise. No excuse for leaving with other people.

Do NOT use Albert unless you have a back-up plan.

Maere

Albert was also a no show for my group. After having confirmed with Albert for a 5/12/10 tour via several emails he still "forgot" about my group. He'd said he'd be waiting at the terminal with a sign and that I should call his cell phone as we were leaving the ship. I did. Albert was nowhere to be found. He finally answered the phone and admitted he'd "forgotten" about my group and had actually been to the cruise terminal and picked up people that had not reserved with him and that he was already on the way to the rainforest. He would not come back to get us and told me he'd get one of "his associates" to take care of us. Albert finally called me back after and hour and a half to say no one was coming. We never did get to the only place we'd wanted to see - the rainforest- as it was then too late in the day and since the rainforest closed at 6pm that day no one else would take us as they could not confirm we'd make it in time.

Albert should not be counted on. He is "forgetful" and doesn't honor confirmed reservations.

Kim

• 4 weeks later...

Try Hector Westerband of Venture Puerto Rico! He accepts PayPal!

He was awesome we used him for 4 days when we there. He took us everywhere. I had recommended him to a friend and she was adamant of booking through her hotel. Funny she got him at a HIGHER RATE!

They are several tour guides that from are a group. Many on their own but work with hotels and other companies if they don't have a booking on a certain day or time period.

So save the money and book direct! WHOEVER YOU BOOK.

macias4@aol.com

Archived