help with P.V. time vs. ship time

r&rfraz

we are interested in booking an excursion while in pv on the carnival splendor. it states that it leaves from the maritime terminal at 9:30. our ship itenerary states we are in pv at 9am. but i keep getting different information from people regarding the difference in ship time vs. pv time. are they the same. is the ship 1 hour ahead of pv, or 1 hour behind pv. please help. we dont wnat to book something we cant make. i have been trying to contact the tour company by phone all day and i keep getting an all curcuits are busy message. also is the maritime terminsl close to the port location of the splendor. thanks in advance for your help.

This is what I have found on another thread.

"After leaving California, the ship will advance the time one hour to match the time in Cabo and Mazatlan. 9:00 ship time is 9:00 Cabo & Mazatlan time.

PV will be one hour ahead of ship time. 9:00 ship time is 10:00 PV time"

I hope this helps.

we are interested in booking an excursion while in pv on the carnival splendor. it states that it leaves from the maritime terminal at 9:30. our ship itenerary states we are in pv at 9am. but i keep getting different information from people regarding the difference in ship time vs. pv time. are they the same. is the ship 1 hour ahead of pv, or 1 hour behind pv. please help. we dont wnat to book something we cant make. i have been trying to contact the tour company by phone all day and i keep getting an all curcuits are busy message. also is the maritime terminsl close to the port location of the splendor. thanks in advance for your help.

There is an outstanding thread on the Carnival forum that chronicles one family’s cruise aboard Splendor. It reports on every aspect of their cruise and has pictures to reinforce their written report.

They reported that the published itinerary arrival/departure times are LOCAL time for that port. They also confirmed that Splendor adjusts ship’s time forward one hour after leaving California so ship’s time matches local time in Cabo `n Mazatlan and ship’s time is one hour BEHIND local time in Vallarta. The report had a photo showing Carnival’s reminder that they arrive in Vallarta at 8 AM (ship’s time). Ship’s time is moved back one hour when the ship is headed back to home port and is north of Cabo.

So … You should arrive in Vallarta at, or before, 8 AM ship’s time which is 9 AM Vallarta local time.

The Maritime Terminal is the actual name for the “port”. If your excursion leaves from the maritime terminal then Splendor will be docked with a hundred yards or so from the water excursions check-in kiosks.

Archived