Anyone recently back with Rhapsody Reviews?

Anyone just back from the first 7 day Alaska sailing of the year? We are scheduled to sail her next week and I would love any input. Cruise Compass information, etc.....

Thanx in advance.

Erika

Hi, I'm wondering how your experience was? We are booked for June 10th and I can't find the compass pages for the trip anywhere...do you happen to have them?

Sorry, can't answer your question as I have yet to sail her. I was hoping someone recently back can share reviews of their 7 day Alaska sailing.

Thanx,

Erika

Alaska was beautiful and it would have been the perfect vacation if we had been on another ship. We booked a suite and couldn't use the balcony most of the vacation. They are retrofitting the ship to be "greener" but they are having problems with the venting of the holding tanks. The sewer smell on the balcony was so strong it made you sick. It's been going on for a couple weeks and they won't tell you that. Another cruise critic member smelled it 3 weeks ago.

The ships staff put us off for a couple days then said they could move us on the afternoon of day 4 but it was a tiny room and offered no compensation for the difference in rooms. I am still fighting the corporate office but I have been told we are screwed.

Alaska was beautiful and it would have been the perfect vacation if we had been on another ship. We booked a suite and couldn't use the balcony most of the vacation. They are retrofitting the ship to be "greener" but they are having problems with the venting of the holding tanks. The sewer smell on the balcony was so strong it made you sick. It's been going on for a couple weeks and they won't tell you that. Another cruise critic member smelled it 3 weeks ago.

The ships staff put us off for a couple days then said they could move us on the afternoon of day 4 but it was a tiny room and offered no compensation for the difference in rooms. I am still fighting the corporate office but I have been told we are screwed.

That's horrible. What cabin did you have? Was the smell all over the ship or only certain parts?

Erika

Ruth,

I would like to know anything you have to share. Any must sees or must misses? Also, I would like to know more about the Green 'retrofitting' and the smell as did the other poster. And if you can share about the schedule. What nights were the formal nights? When was Quest?

And of course, did you have a good time?

Thanx

Erika

We were in 8570. I know there were at least 6 cabins with the problem as bad as we had. BUT there were times you could smell it on deck 5 and other public areas. It wasn't as bad but you could hear people say...what's that smell? The smell isn't as bad when moving slow.

Formal nights were Sat and Tues.

The train in Skagway was amazing, they picked you up right outside the ship. It's just beautiful. Juneau, take the Tramway up the mountain. Try the crab legs at the Twisted Fish at the bottom of the Tramway...yummy!!!! In Victoria we rented a white stretch limo right off the pier. He charged $70 per hour and took us on a two hour tour. We had a great time.

Thank you for the update. Do you know if cabins on the opposite side of ship from your cabin had the same issue?

Hubby is VERY much looking forward to the Mt Roberts Tramway. I'll probably have my eyes closed for the ride. (I'll look at pictures when we get home, LOL).

Thanx,

Erika

Archived