Sensation ship with pre-teens

sweetbees

We are planning a trip on Carnival's Sensation this summer with our two boys who are 11 and 13. I was wondering if there is anyone who has been on this ship with kids this age and if there is plenty for them to do. Actually any information, good or bad, about this ship would be greatly apppreciated.

Thank You

Deb

I was on the Sensation in November, and I saw only a few children of any age, so can't help you.....but since this is on page three with no responses, I'll bring it back to the top for you so others can answer.:)

We cruised last Feb. my girls were 9 & 11 and they had fun. There were not a lot of kids on this trip but enough to hang out with. It was great because I met up with three other families on these boards so the kids all knew each other before we cruised. My older daughter liked this ship. Anything else and I know my dd would love to answer your questions just email if you want.

I am going on 3/7/05 (it's a 5 day) and I was curious about the young adult population as we are 21. I figure yes b/c it is spring break, but what are other people's opinions that have cruised the sensation? I can't wait regardless but I hope there are some people my age there!

We took our two 13 year old girls with us on the Sensation in August. On the positive side was the counselors. They were great. On the negative side was the "teen club" itself, which was one tiny claustrophobic room. Also, many of the organized activities were poorly attended.

Having said all that, our girls had a great time. They found all the other kids of their age on board and hung out, ate pizza & ice cream, etc. They also ended up attending many of the adult activities (line dance classes, game shows, etc). They also just hung out with the counselors some times.

We're trying the Conquest this year due in part to it's larger teen facilities.

Our first cruise was on the Sensation in August- We had a few 13 year old girls and a number of nephews that were younger. The girls thought they were too cool for the teen club but I made them go to the first night teen meeting. Do yourself and them a favor and make that meeting mandatory. (hopefully you took eaerly dining as the later one will conflict all week with the teen activities) Everyone of the kids had a ball on that first cruise. to this day its been the best vacation any of them had.

If you enforce a rule that the kids are not allowed to congregate in the cabin except to sleep and shower-- they will get involved in whats going on.

Archived