Ocean Quest on Disney Magic

ninefishes

We are going to take the Translantic with Magic on Sept 18. First cruise, both DD and I are very excited. Disney's website says Ocean Quest is for kids 11 to 13 years old. DD will be nine and half at that time. Will they allow her to play there, or the age limit is very strict? Has anyone here ever been in the same situation? The activities in this club seem very appealing to her and I'm pretty sure that she's mature enough to join them.

Appreciate for your advice!

They are pretty strict with the age groupings especially for OQ. I don't think a 9 1/2 yo is going to be made feel very welcome there. There is no sign in/out and really no organized activities there. My DD 11 at the time LOVED IT and one of her good friends had a sister who had just turned 10 and really wasn't "allowed" into their group, if you get my drift. These are hormonal, pre-teens and they usually don't like to play with younger people.

I thought that they had changed, eliminating the grouping by age to allow families to keep their kids together . Allows the kids to be with brothers and sisters and feel more secure.

Only in the Lab and Clubs- Deck 5

Ocean Quest is on Deck 2- The kids do not sign themselves in or out. They are free to come and go as they please

They are pretty strict with the age groupings especially for OQ. I don't think a 9 1/2 yo is going to be made feel very welcome there. There is no sign in/out and really no organized activities there. My DD 11 at the time LOVED IT and one of her good friends had a sister who had just turned 10 and really wasn't "allowed" into their group, if you get my drift. These are hormonal, pre-teens and they usually don't like to play with younger people.

Thanks, guys. I think I got what Lori means in her post. It would be a bit intimidating for a younger kid to feel unwelcomed in a group. Maybe I'll let her go once if they don't check/sign them in. When she feels being left out, she probably gives it up by herself.:(

Archived