raising the price of drinks

jj1975

Drinks like martinis last May on the Pride were already running almost $11 with tip. Around $9 for a frozen drink. They were also really weak -I could almost swear they were using watered down bottles.

If they raise them anymore it's their loss as far as I'm concerned - I don't have to drink to have a good time and will just stick with water and lemonade.

I fully believe that Carnival will start creeping up the drink prices - even more than they already have.

With all the recent policy changes they have done I've started to reconsider my cruise line of choice. If the drink prices go up any more - I'm out.

No they won't raise the prices of the drinks, they will just start charging more for the cruises. More to be in line with RCCL.

Okay, now that I wrote it, it is law (according to some on this board)

Don't be fooled. The prices will be raised.

dh & I are both airline employees...we have the globe covered as far as traveling goes...and we can pretty much fly anywhere for free...or darn near close to free (and in first class with all the booze we want)

We fly for free, but choose to cruise. however, all inclusive land deals are looking better and better by the day.

Carnival is really going to end up hurting themselves as the budget friendly people look for alternatives. (me being one of those)

i usually order from the bon voyage dept...i purchase a few cocktails, and i smuggle my own booze too. I drink my cokes out of the inflated wet bar prices too.

When the prices become soooooooooo outrageous that it is no longer worth me paying for a cruise, I'll go to land base vacations.

The cruise industry toots it's horn about being a great value, so much is included etc. the fact is, my all inclusive land vacations (including paying for airfare) is cheaper than my cruises.

So go ahead CCL, price yourself right out of my family's vacation plans...we'll stick to land vacations if we have to.

This is very frustrating, I don't want to smuggle so I was going to order bottles not only for dh, but for other family members as a gift! I have money saved especially for this!!! Like someone else said, I don't have to drink to have a good time, and find myself drinking less and less as I get older but I wanted my dh to be able to drink his fav rum n coke without having to go to the bar. If they don't reinstate we will just drink less. Their loss!

Actually it is thread #4.. The first 2 that called and discovered the whole thing, the one with the email addy to complain and this one.. ;)

Yes, I think they will eventually raise drink prices.. If ever so slightly...

Thanks, it is so hard to keep track of all the multiple threads on the same subjects. I think that it is number 5 by now, another one was started.;)

dh & I are both airline employees...we have the globe covered as far as traveling goes...and we can pretty much fly anywhere for free...or darn near close to free (and in first class with all the booze we want)

We fly for free, but choose to cruise. however, all inclusive land deals are looking better and better by the day.

Carnival is really going to end up hurting themselves as the budget friendly people look for alternatives. (me being one of those)

i usually order from the bon voyage dept...i purchase a few cocktails, and i smuggle my own booze too. I drink my cokes out of the inflated wet bar prices too.

When the prices become soooooooooo outrageous that it is no longer worth me paying for a cruise, I'll go to land base vacations.

The cruise industry toots it's horn about being a great value, so much is included etc. the fact is, my all inclusive land vacations (including paying for airfare) is cheaper than my cruises.

So go ahead CCL, price yourself right out of my family's vacation plans...we'll stick to land vacations if we have to.

I totally agree! I love cruising, but with the continued cut backs, and the cost rising on everything on cruises, I will start to reconsider my addiction to cruising. By the time I add up my cruise purchase, shore excursions, and sail and sign card, it's way beyond a all inclusive land base vacation. Carnival is treading on thin ice for alot of people.

I figured if they are catching more and more people trying to sneak it on the prices would go down. Prices were probably raised to make up for lack of sales due to so many sneaking it on. Also does everybody have to be so sarcastic about how many people posted about this already. Geez get a life go count grass blades in your yard!

I figured if they are catching more and more people trying to sneak it on the prices would go down. Prices were probably raised to make up for lack of sales due to so many sneaking it on. Also does everybody have to be so sarcastic about how many people posted about this already. Geez get a life go count grass blades in your yard!

Lol ;) I agree! Who cares if there are 200 threads, isn't that what they're here for!!!!! Let people vent if they need to!

Since they have increased confiscating "smuggled" liquor from passenger's luggage, and now have discontinued ordering liquor for your stateroom from Bon Voyage, I think that to increase the bar prices would be a very bad move! If anything, these recent developements considered, they should only reduce their bar prices! and not just by 1.00! JMHO.:)

so now that you cant order liquor to your room do you think carnival will raise the price of drinks onboard

WHAT :confused::confused::confused:

Why can't you order liquor to your cabin,:confused: What am I missing,:confused:

Guess I better read the rest of this post. :eek:

Totally agree. I have been sailing with them since the '90's and have seen the cutbacks, but they seem to have accelerated big time with the new CEO.

Replacing the captains party with a "farewell party" was an obvious way of cutting back as few people want to have free cocktails on the night they have to pack everything up. I have seen the cutbacks in the food and entertainment. The high cost of drinks is just another straw.

A bottle of cheap white zin that goes for $4 a the store fetches $32 on CCL plus tip!

Land vacations don't keep you captive like a cruise. Next summer, going back to Kona sounds pretty good. I know that the last time I went (three years ago) it was much cheaper than doing a cruise.

Lots of problems with Carnival lately, it seems. Shame i can't get out of my hawaii cruise without losing 3 deposits and airfare. I'd go to Alaska on HAL this year instead of next year instead...

It has been loosely suggested that some may consider removing tips to make up for the extra that alcohol may cost..........Clearly, budget (if not an unwillingness to pay more for the cruise) is a factor. Carnival SHOULD PAY HEED. Though, I do not believe that "docking" the staff for their tips is a reasonable next step. From Carnival's vantage point: Would liquor revenue go up if guests removed tips in order to afford to buy more liquor from the bars? Perhaps. Though I think that most guests would not do this. But, by the same token, I think that most people are on a budget, and if they have to pay more for one thing they really want (alcohol), they will cut out something they really don't have to pay for (service, since, right now, tips can be removed at the passenger's discretion). People have a fixed amount that they can/will spend. It is simply a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul, but Carnival seems not to realize this. Or, to put it another way, it is a case of what the market will bear. On second thought, maybe they do realize and are simply trying to test what the market will bear......only to rescind the decision later.

dClark your right! I never noticed it but since Carnival got the new CEO everything has been going downhill. Prices going up..things taken away. I understand his job is to save money for Carnival Corp. but not at the expense of losing customers which it seems he is going to start doing. I have never even had the urge to try another cruise line.....Maybe that will change in the future the way things are going! Once you push someone to try something new and they like it they probably won't come back.

Archived