A Couple quick Mariner questions

SusieC

Hi everyone! My husband and I will be on the Mariner this Sunday and I have spent hours on these boards for the past few weeks. There is so much great information here - thanks to everyone who posts! My first question is about Chops. I definitely want to try it but I hate the idea of missing a night in the dining room. I think that I've read that Chops is open for lunch - can anyone tell me more about that? Is it cheaper at lunch? Is the experience as great as it would be at dinner? Also, can anyone tell me if the shops sell t-shirts and other souveneir type items at a discount on the last day? I've read that some do but when we sailed Enchantment 2 years ago I don't remember that being the case. Thanks for your help!

Hi we will also be on the Mariner this Sunday, Feb 6th, this will be our second time, she is grand!!!!!!!!!!!. I am not sure, but do not think Chops is open for Lunch, maybe someone elso knows for sure. See you Sunday, Have a great trip there. We our in Daytona and just takes a about an hour to get there.

You need to go to Chops. I think it is well worth the "sacrifice" of missing a dinner in the dining room. Make reservations early. They go fast. Yes, some subset of t-shirts go on sale on the last day/night of the cruise but not all.

Mark

SusieC Forgot to answer, but the gift shops usually have different specials each day, and on the near last days, they have T-shirts on sale usually 2/20 and the faithful pocket T's which my husband has many of like 1/2 price, some of the stuff is still kind of pricey, but have purchased some things in the past, we have been on many cruises and dont do much in line of souveniors any more. Hope we have great weather

hi, i have been on mariner twice and i am going again in june, in response to your questions, i have never tried chops, but most of the souvenirs dropped in price drastically the last couple days of the cruise, including shirts. hope that helps, have a great time!!

Trust me....you won't miss a thing by not eating in the dining room for a night.

This is like saying that you're willing to eat at Ruth Chris for lunch so you wont miss an evening meal at Taco bell.

Go and try Chops and Portofinos, they are only open for dinner and reservations for the week go quickly.

Cheap tshirts at inflated prices,stay far far away. Buy them in Coz. Have fun

We often try to go to Chops the first night...and if not then, then on Caribbean night.

As for the sales, my advice is that if you see something you want--get it then! Often the popular sizes run out and in fact, certain items sell out. The shirts they have on sale the last day are not what is in the shop all week. If you find a better price later, buy it again and take the first one back! but

I will be surprised if you see anything inside the logo shop drop in price at the end.

Thank you all for your responses! I really enjoyed my dining room experiences on my previous two cruises and look forward to them on this one as well. I certainly wouldn't compare it to Taco Bell, but to each his own! I will definitely be trying Chops one night. Thanks again!

On our recent sailing we went to both Chops and Portofino. We thought the food and service at Portofino was better and closer to the very positive experiences that we have had at previous "alternative" dining aboard ships. Having said that we did enjoy them both.

You can go to http://community.webshots.com/album/103399401CNdTsr to see the Eastern itinerary and the menus for Chops and Portofino and http://community.webshots.com/album/178865765CwzzKz/1 to see the western itinerary and menus. Unfortunately they are pretty blurry. I believe the menus are the same for each itinerary but because of the different ports days they may be served on different days of the week.

If you can determine which food is served each night that may help you decide if there are any menus you don't want to miss.

Archived