Liberty or Glory?????

OK- just starting the planning process for our next cruise-April or May 2012- I know, I know a long time away but since this one will include several other couples I need to get my ducks in order and CC is the best place to do that. ;)

So here goes- Some of us have cruised before and some haven't and I don't believe anyone has cruised with Carnival before. We are currently looking at Carnival Liberty 4/14-4/21/12 or 4/28-5/5/12-Eastern Caribbean (Half Moon, St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk) or Carnival Glory 4/22-4/29/12 (Nassau, St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk)-not sure if the islands are in order but you get the point. Both currently priced the same-almost identical ports.

My question is which ship is better-couples are late 30's-60. We are celebrating great accomplishments this cruise-birthdays 40,50, 55; graduating from college (again); Wedding Anniversary-15 years :D, so we want to have fun and since we haven't done Carnival before I'm looking to the Carnival folks to help me out.

Liberty or Glory -which one would you choose and why?

Thanks a bunch for your responses- Happy Sailing!!

Personally I would choose the itinerary that includes Half Moon Cay rather than Nassau. Both Glory and Liberty are Conquest class ships so they'll be very similar. I willl be sailing Liberty in October and have read all good things about it. Half Moon Cay is paradise on earth (if you like beach days).

We have sailed on the Liberty and enjoyed it very much. We did the Eastern caribbean, Jamaica, Key West and Grand Cayman.

We are sailing the Glory this coming July to Canada. I will let you know how we like ship when we get back.

Glory was our first cruise to celebrate DH 40th birthday. We really enjoyed it! This year we are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary on Liberty. I think we will like it just as well, if not more. Both these ships would be a great choice for your group so I would choose by the itinerary you like the best and price.

Also look at the excursions in each port. We went cave tubing in Belize for DH 40th and when it was mine turn to celebrate 40 we tried the America's Cup Stars & Stripes race in St. Marteen. We like to do something memorable for milestone celebrations. Happy celebrating!

We have sailed on the Liberty and enjoyed it very much. We did the Eastern caribbean, Jamaica, Key West and Grand Cayman.

We are sailing the Glory this coming July to Canada. I will let you know how we like ship when we get back.

thank you-I'd really appreciate that!

Glory was our first cruise to celebrate DH 40th birthday. We really enjoyed it! This year we are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary on Liberty. I think we will like it just as well, if not more. Both these ships would be a great choice for your group so I would choose by the itinerary you like the best and price.

Also look at the excursions in each port. We went cave tubing in Belize for DH 40th and when it was mine turn to celebrate 40 we tried the America's Cup Stars & Stripes race in St. Marteen. We like to do something memorable for milestone celebrations. Happy celebrating!

thank you-once you cruise on Liberty I would love to hear about your experience.

Liberty!:) We have sailed on Liberty twice. Just back from Glory. Nothing wrong with Glory just liked Liberty better. The crew cleaned the floors of lido deck every night on Liberty. Not on Glory and it showed. Liberty just seemed cleaner everywhere. Glory does have the Serenity Area but it was crowded. And, Half Moon is a must see!!

Archived