What we did in Nassau on Majesty Cruise

royal girl

Majesty was docked from 1 pm until midnight in Nassau. At first I wasnt happy about the itinerary time change from last year, but I think now that it worked out better. Last year, this cruise docked from like 9 - 5 pm. We were there first week of May 2010.

So, we were able to take our time and have breakfast in the Windjammer without rushing to get off, we even went to the fitness center! Once we were docked, the staff asks that all excursion passengers get off ship first to make their excursions. Then other passengers started to get off.

Once outside the terminal, there are plenty of cabs waiting. You will most likely be asked if you need a cab to somewhere! We went in a van to Cabbage Beach for $4 per person. Cabbage Beach is a public beach near the Atlantis. You can rent a chair and umbrella if you wish. We got 2 chairs for $20. There is a little place to buy drinks too (we didn't). The beach is really nice and the water is beautiful. There are locals there who offer waverunners for 30 minutes or banana boat rides. There is also parasailing. I feel more comfortable doing these things with ship excursions, so we didn't do them. We just sat on the beach. When we were ready to go back, again there are plenty of cabs waiting.

We went back to the ship, cleaned up, grabbed a bite to eat and headed to the straw market. Locals are pretty pushy selling their stuff and we didn't go down many isles. We then headed off to Senior Frogs where we had some drinks and sat looking at the ships and the water. It was really fun. I am sure alot of people stayed at Senior Frogs until it was time to board the ship!

After dinner we walked around the deck and saw Nassau lit up at night. You could hear the music coming from Senor Frogs too!

You do need photo ID and your Ship Card to get through customs to get back on your ship. No need to bring your passport. I did have a photocopy of ours in my bag though. (Just in case!)

Archived