Can full payment be made early?

yarramar

I don't think that it pays to get anecdotal about credit card fraud via the internet as the Oceania site IS secure, and the information input onto it is completely safe.

Like any responsible merchant, Oceania recognized that clients must feel and be secure when dealing with them online, so internet security was a TOP priority in setting up their web site.

All of us have been inputting our various guest registration information onto the Oceania Web Site for years without the merest hint of an issue.

I did not book through a TA but direct with O. I see that their site IS secure but there is no payment page. Do I need to pay over the phone?

I always watch the dollar very carefully and pay off when it looks best. I paid off our 2009 cruise several months early when the Can $ was briefly just above par, but when we paid our shipboard bill at the end of the cruise I was charged 27% exchange. :eek: On that occasion it was well worth paying early.

Americans are also lucky that they can book and cancel at no cost. If the exchange were to remain exactly the same we would still lose about 4% on conversion when booking, then another 4% when cancelling.

Archived