HAs ANyone ever stayed at the very AFT of the ship.? Im looking at the PH Deck 12

happyfaerie

My NCL agent assures me that the very AFT of the ship is a p[rime spot bec of panoramic views but Ive never ever been in the way bck of the ship like that.

Can someone share their experiences with me?

We stayed in a family cabin on Millenium. It is in the back corner, one or two decks down from the outdoor dining. If you are concerned about motion, there will be more than midship, but not bothersome to us in any way. In rougher water, you will certainly feel it more. We like it.

My NCL agent assures me that the very AFT of the ship is a p[rime spot bec of panoramic views but Ive never ever been in the way bck of the ship like that.

Can someone share their experiences with me?

We love the aft...all we have felt is a gentle rocking motion...but that has been on the Star, Dawn, Gem, Pearl, Jewel.. The view is wonderful, relaxing and just a plain lazy way to cruise...:)

Had an aft corner cabin on the Independence of the Seas, but not an NCL ship - I'm sure they are all similar!! Absolutely loved the view and great when in dock. Would have one again in a heart beat.

We absolutley adore aft facing cabins. We have been aft on the Jewel, Jade and Sky,

On our upcoming Epic cruise we have a connecting AC and BA facing aft.

The big advantages of aft facing cabins are:

1) the dramatic 180 degree views

2) the calm and wind free environment (as opposed to balconies on the side of the ship)

3) the view of the wake and the white noise of the wash from the ship as it goes through the water

4) Location at the end of the ship means hardly anyone walks down there and as a result there is less noise (and also long walks for great exercise to burn off cruise calories )

Disadvantages:

1) Make sure that your cabin is not under an outdoor restaurant or pool that has chairs to be dragged around (many ships have these aft)

2) Some people feel more of the ships motion aft. My wife is very motion sensitive and has never had a problem.

3) If everything you want to do is on the forward part of the ship, get ready for long walks.

4) These cabins usually sell out fast

Go for it, you will like it in the aft!

I just booked AFT on the Epic. It will be my 3rd AFT cabin ... have sailed AFT on Celebrity Summit and NCL Pride of America. AFT is quiet the treat, you get the views enjoy by BOTH port and starboard sides and once you've experienced that, you will be spoiled for life.

The motion of the boat has never disturbed us - lulled us to sleep everynight. And there is nothing like enjoying sunset (and sometimes sunrise) from your quiet AFT balcony.

Enjoy!

We love the aft...all we have felt is a gentle rocking motion...but that has been on the Star, Dawn, Gem, Pearl, Jewel.. The view is wonderful, relaxing and just a plain lazy way to cruise...:)

I couldn't have described it better. Once you have tasted life in an AFT cabin it becomes a must have ! Sure there is a little more motion but the wide open spaces are priceless !

Just a word of caution on the aft cabins.I often find them very noisy from the sound of the wake.

Not an issue inside the cabin but on the balcony I find it too noisy to sleep or talk normally.

I have also found there to be quite a degree of motion if weather is rough so normally choose aft if sailing in sheltered waters but not for TA or other rough seas.

Having said all that we do like aft cabins and have been in several and if you are in a normal balcony at the very rear of the ship then the motion will be no different from the aft cabin.

Agree about the lack of wind on an aft though,much much less than on a normal side balcony.

Enjoy whichever cabin you choose.:)

We absolutley adore aft facing cabins. We have been aft on the Jewel, Jade and Sky,

On our upcoming Epic cruise we have a connecting AC and BA facing aft.

The big advantages of aft facing cabins are:

1) the dramatic 180 degree views

2) the calm and wind free environment (as opposed to balconies on the side of the ship)

3) the view of the wake and the white noise of the wash from the ship as it goes through the water

4) Location at the end of the ship means hardly anyone walks down there and as a result there is less noise (and also long walks for great exercise to burn off cruise calories )

Disadvantages:

1) Make sure that your cabin is not under an outdoor restaurant or pool that has chairs to be dragged around (many ships have these aft)

2) Some people feel more of the ships motion aft. My wife is very motion sensitive and has never had a problem.

3) If everything you want to do is on the forward part of the ship, get ready for long walks.

4) These cabins usually sell out fast

Go for it, you will like it in the aft!

Hey Zimomiller..

This is a temporary thread hijack.

I see you are on the 8-14-10 Epic Sailing. Have you joined the FaceBook group(s) for the Epic 8-14-10 sailing?

Ok,,,, back to the Aft topic..

I have had mostly great experiences on the aft. It is good advise to not be right below the Pool Deck - experience speaking.

We have not had an aft cabin on NCL, but did have a Royal Family Suite on the aft of the Brilliance of the Seas and it was brilliant!!! We loved sitting back there watching the wake behind the ship and just looking around. When our friends came for our New Year's Day wine and cheese party, they were all raving about the fantastic view. The only caveat would be if you are prone to sea sickness, then you would be better off

a-midship. You feel the motion more in the aft, but it rocked me to sleep!

Hope this helps you,

We stayed in the aft on our recent Alaska cruise, which was perfect and awesome views. We did a wrap aft on a Carnival cruise in the Caribbean. In the Caribbean was great, although it got VERY HOT in the direct aft of our balcony. Luckily we had the side as well where we got a nice breeze. So in my opinion, that is really the only downfall to an aft.....the views are incredible from there. Priceless.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at the possibility of booking an aft BA on the Epic and have a couple questions.

1) For those that are seasoned cruisers, how much more rocking is it as opposed to other parts of the ship? I'm worried about my wife who has had some problems with sea/motion sickness.

2) elsplace2 mentioned it being hot without the breeze. I think it'd be nice to not be so windy, anyone else care to comment on it being "hot"?

3) I'm looking at the deck plans of the Epic and on decks 10, 11, 12 and half of 13 the middle two rooms are suites. On decks 9, 8 and the other 13... the center rooms are disabled accessible BA's. What does this mean as far as the room? What do they add to make them easier accessible? Or are they just larger non-suite rooms? Are these available for anyone to take? I'd like to hear if anyone else has had experience with this on other ships.

Thank you in advance.

I'm looking at the possibility of booking an aft BA on the Epic and have a couple questions.

1) For those that are seasoned cruisers, how much more rocking is it as opposed to other parts of the ship? I'm worried about my wife who has had some problems with sea/motion sickness.

2) elsplace2 mentioned it being hot without the breeze. I think it'd be nice to not be so windy, anyone else care to comment on it being "hot"?

3) I'm looking at the deck plans of the Epic and on decks 10, 11, 12 and half of 13 the middle two rooms are suites. On decks 9, 8 and the other 13... the center rooms are disabled accessible BA's. What does this mean as far as the room? What do they add to make them easier accessible? Or are they just larger non-suite rooms? Are these available for anyone to take? I'd like to hear if anyone else has had experience with this on other ships.

Thank you in advance.

Archived