I NEED HELP!!! My parents do not get around well.

BOUDREAUX

My parents do not get around well and none of the ship excursions strike their fancy what can they do? Both parents are cruising for the 1st time. My mother does like to shop a little. However my father could care less. They don't drink and are old fashioned...My dad doesn't even know how to turn a computer on....I need some help.

My parents do not get around well and none of the ship excursions strike their fancy what can they do? Both parents are cruising for the 1st time. My mother does like to shop a little. However my father could care less. They don't drink and are old fashioned...My dad doesn't even know how to turn a computer on....I need some help.

Do they like the beach? Beaches in Cozumel are an easy cab ride. If your mother likes to shop, there are shopping areas right where the ships dock so she wouldn't have to walk too far.

It's not what it sounds like!!! They will enjoy this, the Cozumel Highlights, and shopping tour. They do not drag you off to shop, you merely are educated about how to check to make sure what you are buying is what you think they are selling. That said, air conditioned bus, Museum, Discover Mexico, El Cedral, the gorgeous drive north ward on the eastern side, the tequila factory, see..they can shop if they want or they can just enjoy!!.

You may want to contact specialneeds@carnival.com and reserve two wheelchairs for them. There is not cost, but I would reserve two since the number available can be limited. You simply put down a deposit on each.

You are allowed to take them into port. There is a lot of shopping in Cozumel right at the piers...no matter which of the 3 you end up at.

Puerta Maya and International pier both have lots of shops and Punta Langosta is right downtown.

Another possibility is Gerry. cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com. He charges $95.00 for 3 hours (for up to 4 people) and $25 an hour for additional hours. You simply make a reservation through Mike and Gerry is waiting for you at the taxi location of the pier. You set the pace and tell Gerry exactly where you want to go. He speaks great English and I guarantee your parents would love him. He is older and very personable.

A drive over to the East side (primitive side) is nice. You can stop at the local bars and restaurants over there and enjoy a cool one while the parents gaze out at the sea.

And you would still have plenty of time to shop at the port when you returned.

... My mother does like to shop a little. However my father could care less...

If you dock at Puerta Maya, there is ample shopping as you exit the pier. When you get off the ship, bike taxis are available on the pier to save the long walk to the tourist area. While you two are shopping, Dad might like Panchos, a really great Mexican restaurant. Hope this helps.

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

Archived