Memories of your first cruise with Carnival

MamaTene

1st cruise - Celebration out of Jacksonville, May, 2007. Daughter had graduated from high school the day before, she went on a senior trip to Miami, my then boyfriend (now DH) and I went on a cruise. That's where he asked me to marry him, during elegant night at the photo station with the black grand piano. Ahhhh..... Anyway, it was very rainy and windy the whole cruise except for our departure from Jax and our arrival into Jax! Still have fond memories of that cruise!

My first cruise departed May 6, 2000 on the Carnival Imagination. How do I remember the date? It was the day I asked my wife to marry me. Since then we've been on a number of other cruises, but that Imagination cruise will always be special..... and next monday we leave on her again... 10 years and 25 days after I proposed. This time we will be celebrating our 8 year wedding anniversary onboard.

Our first cruise was aboard the Ecstacy in 1999 when she was doing 3 & 4 day cruises out of Miami to Nassau. It was an incentive trip from Ketel One Vodka. There were 15 or 20 couples from our company on the cruise, and it turned out to be a real adventure. One day before we were scheduled to fly to Miami, American Airlines pilots went on strike. Well, talk about making lemonade out of lemons, the company popped for a charter ( we had an entire plane to ourselves) to carry us from home to Ft. Lauderdale, where we then bussed to the Port of Miami. Once aboard the ship, we were given bracelets that meant any and all of our drinks were free for the entire cruise. Talk about your "kids in a candy store!!! Our groups host was called into the Hotel Directors office that first evening, saying that they couldn't have us doing what we were doing, but he informed them that he had paid for the privledge, and that Carnival was committed to living up to their contract. Needless to say, I was hooked, & DW & I try to cruise each winter (but, sadly, we have to pay for our drinks).

First cruise was on the Fascination out of Jacksonville. No one warned me about how loud the toilet was when you flushed it. My DH had seen mention of it on CC and he was laughing hysterically at me. :eek:

Archived