Temsco dog sledding in Skagway

cruisemama69

Carnival is offering several dog sled excursions thru Temsco, but not a 4:15PM. We can book directly with Temsco, but we're worried about getting there on time since we have a tour with Dyea Dave from 8-3.

Has anyone taken this glacier/dog sledding excursion with Temsco? If so, was it worth the money? Do you know how often it gets cancelled?

No one at Carnival or temsco could tell me why carnival is offering all the same times as temsco except for the 4:15???

anyone with any info on this?

Thanks!

I'm booked thru at Skagway. It is pricey but search the threads here I don't think you find too many people that say its overpriced after they have gone. We got the CC bill just this week, my DW was't pleased to see how much it cost for 5 :eek:

You are correct that it is often canceled as they must go much higher up and from what I hear clouds and weather become a bigger issue there. I would think you would prefere going direct versus thru Carnival as is it not cheaper direct? At least with princess the price is 80 dollars more thru the ship than direct, that is more than the cost of a taxi ;)

Good luck

Carnival is offering several dog sled excursions thru Temsco, but not a 4:15PM. We can book directly with Temsco, but we're worried about getting there on time since we have a tour with Dyea Dave from 8-3.

Has anyone taken this glacier/dog sledding excursion with Temsco? If so, was it worth the money? Do you know how often it gets cancelled?

No one at Carnival or temsco could tell me why carnival is offering all the same times as temsco except for the 4:15???

anyone with any info on this?

Thanks!

We're doing the same thing in Skagway

We're taking the train up/bus back tour and then

we've scheduled a 3:45 dog sledding/glacier experience with Temsco. He suggested the time so I'm not worried. Of course part of the reason I'm not worried is that I have trip insurance that will save me if I miss the ship leaving. My only concern is that the helicopter experience may get cancelled - weather often causes this from what I've heard. I scheduled all my excursions privately - cheaper than through Princess.

My family did a "Dog Sledding & Glacier Flightseeing" tour that we booked directly with TEMSCO. The weather was fine in late June when we went. The helicopter ride was breathtaking and the experience of mushing a dog sled over a snow covered glacier was great! You can read about our experience and see photos and video that we took at www.mydreamcametrue.com/dreamdogsledding

Archived