Favorite sunscreen?

ExcitedCruzer

Curious to know what type of sunscreen people like using and found the most effective.

We live in S Florida so sunscreen is a must of any outdoor activity.

My favorite right now is..surprisingly... Walgreen's Ultra Sheer SPF 70 & 100 in a tube. It's great because I actually didn't feel on me after it was applied; it was not sticky, shiny or greasy. I know it might be a bit of an overkill, but I have used Neutrogena Cooling Spray in SPF 45 and the kids started getting tanned in about 45 mins at the pool.

Coppertone Sport SPF 90 in a spray was the worse. I put it on the kids and it was a sticky mess. They looked and feel like I applied a think layer of lacquer on them. They were sticky and shiny all day. Every piece of dirt and dust stuck to them and I really had to scrubbed them to get them cleaned up. Needless to say, I returned that stuff the next day. :p

We use Banana Boat Sport 50+. We're in Southeast Texas so sunscreen is a must around here as well. When they are going to be out all day, I start them with the cream and then re-apply with the spray throughout the day. Works great at the pool and at the beach, so that is my plan on the cruise as well...

We have tried so many of the spray sunscreens. Coppertone, Banana Boat, and a few of the others have just been a mess. Greasy, oily, and hard to handle the can after applying.

Most recently, we tried the Neutrogena Sport Spray SPF 70. We fell in LOVE! It's not greasy or oily at all, the spray doesn't have any real smell, and it lasts forever! I picked it up while training for running races, and it worked well with the sweat, but I never thought about taking it on vacation with us until we were headed to FL. Even with sweating through 90 degree days in FL, we didn't have any burns. We did get some of a tan, but nothing big.

Archived