Southwest Questions

vossjemi

I haven't booked with Southwest before but am thinking of doing so for our sept 05 disney cruise and wdw vacation. It'll be myself, DH, DD5, DS3, and gma/gpa. So, 6 people all together. We are centrally located in Mo, so it'll either be out of KC or STL or even Tulsa. I did a sample booking for May to see if I could book 6 people all at the same time, and I did see something about a child's fare, but you have to call for that? Is that true? I cannot book kids online? How does this work exactly? And, would we all be able to pre-board? If not, who could? I'm not so sure we'll be able to print off passes as we'll have to be in a park and fly hotel the night before. Also, when do you think bookings will become available for sept? Thanks.

Not sure about children's fares. I just paid full freight for my son and booked online. The 3 y.o. will allow you pre-boarding on the FL leg of the flight. It is usually under 6 other locations and under 4 leaving MCO. So many kids its like everyone has young children. The whole family will be allowed to board as well. So be together.

I don't recall exactly when they free up the new dates, but I want to say about 5 months or so. You may want to keep checking weekly and then more often beginning in March. They did a great job for us the time we flew them and would gladly fly them again. Good luck Michelle.

If you are going to fly out of St.Louis another option would be Trans Meridian Airlines. They fly out of Mid-America airport in Bellville,IL, about 15 minutes east of St.Louis. They fly into Orlando-Sanford airport.

I booked them for my June cruise at 79.00 pp one way, quite a deal considering airport parking is free and you dont have to hassel with the larger airports.

I think their schedule only goes thru August right now, if you want to check it out their website is www.transmeridian-airlines.com.

Archived