How do you book for 3

Tomm

We have a cabin booked on Celebrity Horizon with a king bed and a rollaway. Never had this before. How comfortable is the rollaway??? We've had cabins for four with two upper berths, and one with a queen bed and sofa that made into a queen bed. Both were very comfortable. Those were on RCCL.

We just booked 4 berth cabins on Diamond Princess. Pretty tight, but kids are 4 & 5-lots of time OUTSIDE the cabin:D

We cruised in "quad" cabins twice. No problem, except if everyone wants a shower at the same time, especially after a sandy shore excursion. Here's our solution: Mom first, of course :) while Dad orders room service. Then Dad, then kids. In no time, we're all clean, fed and ready to go have some fun on the ship! Have a fun time!

We slept 4 in a room on the Dawn. The room was tiny but with bunks on one side and the trundle was really fine for sleeping on. It magically appeared before bed and disappeared while we were at breakfast.

Sure it was tight but we established a few simple rules.. respect each other, respect each others space, respect each others things.

We also had a great routine: when we got back from our days adventure, we hit the showers first while the kids walked on the promenade or went to the buffet for a snack. Then we'd either tell the kids (ages 9 and 12) which restaurant and what time or leave them a note. Then hubby and I would go relax, have a cocktail somewhere and chat til it was time to meet the kids for dinner and without fail, the kids showed up on time, showered, dressed and starving.

We are going again in the fall this year but since Gramma is coming with us we are doing 2 rooms, adjoining with 3 in a room. The extra shower and space will be great. I don't anticipate any problems.

:) You'll be fine.

since my husband doesn't cruise (once was enough for him, it's not his thing). I book a triple for myself and my 2 boys - no problem, it's either 2 lowers and a bunk, or the sofa turns into a bed. I've never had a rollaway. It's very common, and the little ones usually love to sleep in the upper berths!

Just a caveat, the newer Carnival ships have no inside triples, only doubles or quads, and they won't use a rollaway with a double - it's against regulations now. We cruise on a budget since this isn't our family vacation, just for the kids school breaks, so we usually go with insides, but this time we had to get an oceanview because the conquest class ships don't have inside triples.

• 2 weeks later...

Tomm, you didn't say what age your daughter is. Many cruiselines require those under a certain age to stay in cabin with a guardian or someone other 25.

That said, we haven't had a problem booking a cabin with our daughter on Carnival or Princess. The steward will make up the needed number of beds.

Archived