Victoria Whale Tour.. suggestion?

salseros2003

Next August we'll be in Victoria with the HAL Amsterdam. We are still thinking about some shore excursion and specifically for Victoria we are interested in the Zodiac tour offered by the Prince of Whales.

Any suggestion? We'll be there from 2 to 8pm while the tour is from 3 to 6pm... I think we need to take a taxi to be at their office in time to join the excursion... how much does it cost?

Thanks

A cab fare from the Ogden Point Cruise Terminal to the Inner Harbour location of Prince of Whales will run you about $10/$12. There is also Eagle Wing who now have a location in Fisherman's Wharf link and Orca Spirit who are in the Coast Harbourside Hotel link both of these are closer then PW and can even be walked to, however check with them re times.

We did an orca whale tour thru our ship but that name sounds really familar !!! It was one of my favorite things on the whole trip. It was so awesome. Some say good things and other say bad things. It all depends on your boat driver. There is a law you cannot get closer than so many yards. But I know they can come toward you. We had some wonderful sightings up close. Our guide followed them for a while. I have heard others say they were too far away and did not like it. But they are SO BEAUTIFUL. The boat ride going out there and back it rather long but just sit back and enjoy it and think of it as part of the fun. It is amazingly beautiful out there. It is worth it just to see that beauty. We too did the speed boats which were fun.

Hi there,

We went on the Zodiac trip with Prince Of Whales when we were ther in 2006. Was awsome.... even DW who really wanted to go on the covered boat found it amazing..... so good she wants to do it again.

Email them from their site tell them what time your in port and they will try and arrange something - we are there on the 12th from the Sea Princess from 12.00-18.00, they have offered to put on a 13:30 for us to fit with our tight schedule.

Archived