Anyone back from the Fantasy out of Charleston?

albycruisin

We just sailed the Fantasy out of Mobile (last 7 day cruise from there) and the ship was great.

The only downside that I have read was in John's Blog is that the Charlotte Port does not have the 3 million dollar gangplank that allows passengers to board on deck 7....so embarkation and debarkation is happening through the crew deck on deck 3.

Obviously this is going to slow things down because there isn't a large area to disburse (once you step onboard) like the Atrium area.

John is trying to handle this by setting all the front elevators to only go to decks 7 and 10 ( Atruim and Lido).... and then folks can to other parts of the ship from there.

The only downside that I have read was in John's Blog is that the Charlotte Port does not have the 3 million dollar gangplank that allows passengers to board on deck 7....so embarkation and debarkation is happening through the crew deck on deck 3.

Obviously this is going to slow things down because there isn't a large area to disburse (once you step onboard) like the Atrium area.

John is trying to handle this by setting all the front elevators to only go to decks 7 and 10 ( Atruim and Lido).... and then folks can to other parts of the ship from there.

this indeed would be a problem since CHARLOTTE doesn't have a port, but CHARLESTON in SC does....and we will be on the fantasy NEXT YEAR :D

this indeed would be a problem since CHARLOTTE doesn't have a port, but CHARLESTON in SC does....and we will be on the fantasy NEXT YEAR :D

Sorry.....I have been making reservations for our son's road trip and we are staying in Charlotte most of the time (doing the Nascar Hall of Fame, the surrounding Nascar garages) before going to Talladega on October 31st.

I have Charlotte on the brain!!! :eek:

Sorry.....I have been making reservations for our son's road trip and we are staying in Charlotte most of the time (doing the Nascar Hall of Fame, the surrounding Nascar garages) before going to Talladega on October 31st.

I have Charlotte on the brain!!! :eek:

A B2B cruise in early October and a trip to Charlotte and Dega the last part...

and your hubby would rather do a B2B instead of a 7 nighter??

Sorry to tell you....no Karaoke at Dega.

We just sailed the Fantasy out of Mobile (last 7 day cruise from there) and the ship was great.

This is what they did on the Fascination in Jax. It's kinda anticlimactic. Instead of walking into a beautiful atrium, you walk into the basement! :mad:

A B2B cruise in early October and a trip to Charlotte and Dega the last part...

and your hubby would rather do a B2B instead of a 7 nighter??

Sorry to tell you....no Karaoke at Dega.

Yes indeed....we have the Elation in August. (just a quick 4 day to give older son a long weekend before his Senior year starts)

And then we are doing the B2B in October BECAUSE...the 4 day segment is suppose to be a high school reunion cruise for hubby's class.

However, as usual, there was a lot of talk and little action. We are still going regardless...so we added the 5 day to make it worth our while.

We are spending 6 days in Charlotte (probably at the Embassy Suites) and are going to hit several of the garages before heading to Dega.

Then in November...we are leaving Thanksgiving Day to drive down to Miami for a 7 day on the Liberty followed by a 5 day on the Destiny.

And then...we are staying home the rest of the year!! :D

Archived