Beaches in St. Maarten

You could go to Maho Beach where the planes fly jsut above the beach before landing. It is VERY cool to see that, but the beach is on the small side and not nearly as nice as Orient. There is another one one that is supposed to be very nice, but I can't think of the name off the top of my head. You should go to the Port of Call boards for St. Martin as there is lots of in on there. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

We spent a couple of hours at Orient and in the whole time we were there we say maybe 2-3 ladies without a top. It really wan't a big deal and I felt completely comfortable being there with my 2 small children. Going topless is the custom in most parts of the world and shouldn't be considered offensive. We didn't go to the nude side which is posted as being a nude and has an obvious break from the rest of the beach. From what I could see when we were close by, there wasn't much there either but there was some.

Other than Orient Beach is there another beach to go to in St. Maarten? Some in my party are concerned about the warnings that nudity might be spotted.

We have been to Orient Beach on 4 different cruises. Yes, you will see the occasional topless woman and maybe a fully nude person or 2. But the gorgeous beach and water are worth going to. Why are they concerned?

Other than Orient Beach is there another beach to go to in St. Maarten? Some in my party are concerned about the warnings that nudity might be spotted.

I have the same concern as I have no interest in bringing my 9yo son to a beach with topless / nude people. I don't care how nice it is. This happens to be my preference for my kid. Others don't seem to have an issue, to each their own. Anyway, I booked a private tour for our group with Joyce Prince. She gets rave reviews on the Port of Call board. If you're interested - joyceprince.com There's plenty to see in St. Maarten besides Orient beach.

Divi Little Bay. It's usually not very crowded. We go everytime we go to St. Maarten. We love it. $4 to get in and maybe $5 or $10 for chair/umbrella rental. It is part of a timeshare so they will most likely ask you to look at a timeshare, but just say no once and you'll never hear from them again. Not pushy at all, otherwise we wouldn't go.

Of all the beaches, I would miss that one! :):) There is a beach right across from the dock. If you take the water taxi downtown ($6 for band - ride all day), there is a beach in sight of the ships. You can rent chairs and umbrella.

Orient beach is by far the nicest beach on the island. You can stay on the side where there are no nude people or go to the far right and you will see all nude. But the beach is absolutly stunning and the food and drinks and all the places to eat make it the nicest of them all. Enjoy, we did......:cool:

You should be able to go to Orient beach and not see any or much nudity at all. The nude and clothed side are seperated by a nice little sign. The futher down to the left you are the less likely you are to see any nudity...first time we went there we went to the left, we were there for 3 hours of so and didn't see anything, the next time we went with some friends, went to the right and enjoyed every moment of being naked on the beach (we just didn't enjoy everyone else being naked on the beach):eek:!

What kind of water sports do they have at Little Divi??

Don't remember any water sports, but there is snorkeling. You actually snorkel out to where the Tiki Hut snorkeling excursion (so I do not recommend paying RCI's prices for this excursion, just cab it to the beach and rent the snorkeling equipment there). Not the greatest snorkeling, though.

Archived