Manhatten Centre Hotel-Has anybody stayed there?

Liesel

We are booked on Princess for the New England/Canada trip, leaving N.Y. on September 17.

We are planning to stay in New York one night pre-cruise and booked a room via internet at the Manhatten Centre Hotel on W. 51st Street for $129.00 excl. taxes. It sounds like a really good deal. Every other hotels at that time period seem more than double the price. That makes me somewhat suspicious.

I would really love to hear if somebody has stayed there.

Great price. Trip Advisor reviews are very good. It sounds like a no frills hotel like Guest Quarters. Not a lot of hotel services - no concierge, restaurant, etc. Rooms may be small, but no complaints about noise, cleanliness, bugs, etc.

We are booked on Princess for the New England/Canada trip, leaving N.Y. on September 17.

We are planning to stay in New York one night pre-cruise and booked a room via internet at the Manhatten Centre Hotel on W. 51st Street for $129.00 excl. taxes. It sounds like a really good deal. Every other hotels at that time period seem more than double the price. That makes me somewhat suspicious.

I would really love to hear if somebody has stayed there.

Liesel,

Although I am not familiar with this specific hotel (I live within easy commuting distance of New York City and thus never stay at hotels there myself, though I often use hotel bars or restaurants!), I am very familiar with the area. You will be in a great central location in midtown Manhattan, adjacent to Rockefeller Center (a prime tourist destination in itself, with shops, restaurants, and fascinating art deco architecture) and just a block from Fifth Avenue (St. Patrick's Cathedral, and many stores), and not at all far from Central Park.

I don't blame you for being suspicious because of a price that almost seems too good to be true. But in this case, I think you've found a genuine bargain, and I wouldn't have any second thoughts about staying here, especially for one night. Believe me, you could do a lot worse in New York for more money.

Enjoy your visit & your cruise, & do let us know later how you liked the hotel.

Archived