My Family Time Dining on RCCL

crzgrl66

We signed up in advance. The only thing is that when you sign up (either in advance or on board) you MUST arrange for the pre paid gratuities. Some people don't care for that idea but we found it's easier.

The benefit is that you don't have to be at dinner at the same time every night. The down side is that you often have to wait to be seated at busy times.

We signed up in advance. The only thing is that when you sign up (either in advance or on board) you MUST arrange for the pre paid gratuities. Some people don't care for that idea but we found it's easier.

The benefit is that you don't have to be at dinner at the same time every night. The down side is that you often have to wait to be seated at busy times.

I believe OP is asking about the new service on RCCL where the Adventure Ocean staff take your kids from the dining room early so that you can finish your dinner in peace. I believe that you may be referring to My Time Dining, which is a separate program which allows you to eat dinner on your own schedule (no assigned dining times). I know that if you want to do My Family Time Dining, you need to be signed up for the early seating. I am curious about this service as well. I signed my 3 yo DD up for this on our next cruise. Has anyone tried it?

Yes, I'm asking about My Family Time Dining where they bring the children's meals quickly and pick them up and take them to the club after 45 minutes.

khmi, how did you sign up your daughter? I spoke to 3 different people at RCL and they just keep transferring me. The last girl I talked to said that since we have early seating we just need to sign up at AO. The first two reps said it's a good idea to sign up in advance, but they couldn't do it for me. I just don't want to get there and have them say that they are full.

Yes, I'm asking about My Family Time Dining where they bring the children's meals quickly and pick them up and take them to the club after 45 minutes.

khmi, how did you sign up your daughter? I spoke to 3 different people at RCL and they just keep transferring me. The last girl I talked to said that since we have early seating we just need to sign up at AO. The first two reps said it's a good idea to sign up in advance, but they couldn't do it for me. I just don't want to get there and have them say that they are full.

I actually did not even know about the program. I booked with RCCI directly about 2 weeks ago. The representative asked me if I would like to use My Family Time Dining (MFTD) and explained it to me. I said "yes" and she told me that I would need to sign DD up for Adventure Ocean when we got on board, but there would be a MFTD note for our dining reservation. I really don't think that you will have a problem signing your child up. I am really looking forward to this program. Last time we cruised with DD she was one and we rarely made it halfway into our entree before one of us had to leave with her. She will be 3 1/2 on our cruise 01/11. I think that she will love being with the other kids instead of being stuck in the dining room with us.:)

We used mftd on our cruise last August. IMO there is no advantage. AO opens at 7pm. The mftd pickup is 6:45 pm. In both cases you have to get up and deliver your child to the counsellors either outside the mdr where you have to be there right on time or a quick elevator ride 20 feet away from the mdr at your leisure. By the end of my cruise, I found it easier to take ds to AO myself.

We have decided to make our own "family time" dining with early seating, hopefully with our waiter's help. Some nights my kids might want to stay for dessert or go back to the cabin to change. I'd rather just do it at our own pace and get to AO when we get there.

On another thread this was discussed, someone said (unconfirmed) that they put all the families who signed up for the My Time Family Dining in one area of the MDR together. That could be a positive or negative depending on how you look at it.

PHXscuba

We used mftd on our cruise last August. IMO there is no advantage. AO opens at 7pm. The mftd pickup is 6:45 pm. In both cases you have to get up and deliver your child to the counsellors either outside the mdr where you have to be there right on time or a quick elevator ride 20 feet away from the mdr at your leisure. By the end of my cruise, I found it easier to take ds to AO myself.

Do you know if I could have my teenager just walk them over at 7:00? Seems like that would be easier, if they will allow him to check them in.

Archived