Spirit to Alaska Review With Pics

Tiggerman, Thank you for such a delightful engaging review! We sailed the Spirit in August of 2010 and will be back on her this June. We were lucky enough to get an aft wrap for both trips, and your review makes me want to go get a better camera this time.Kudos to you for taking so much time to share your experiences with all of us!

Tiggerman, Thank you for such a delightful engaging review! We sailed the Spirit in August of 2010 and will be back on her this June. We were lucky enough to get an aft wrap for both trips, and your review makes me want to go get a better camera this time.Kudos to you for taking so much time to share your experiences with all of us!

Thanks.. My next cruise is on the Spirit in Aft Wrap Suite 4228. We have 15 days to enjoy the best cabin Carnival has as we go to and from Hawaii. We are very excited! Those really are the best cabins. We have had the same one on the Miracle twice now. Hope you have a great trip! I am very thrilled to be on her post dry dock with the new "Aussie" enhancements.

Thx for the review w/great pics!!

Your welcome. Thanks for reading!

I also loved your review, you helped us make our decision to stick with Carnival and go on the Spirit to Alaska this summer. Thank you.

Glad I could be of help. I can't wait to get back on the Spirit in a couple months. When it comes to decor, she is my favorite Carnival ship.

Tiggerman-take care of 4228 for us-we'll be in it less than 2 months after you are! Feel free to tempt the rest of us with a review of her since her drydock. We just couldn't swing so much time off from work to go to Hawaii, but I'm green with envy about your cruise. You guys have the best view and deck on the ship. You're sure to capture some magnificent ocean photos.

Tiggerman-take care of 4228 for us-we'll be in it less than 2 months after you are! Feel free to tempt the rest of us with a review of her since her drydock. We just couldn't swing so much time off from work to go to Hawaii, but I'm green with envy about your cruise. You guys have the best view and deck on the ship. You're sure to capture some magnificent ocean photos.

I will. It is our favorite cabin. We have been in it twice on the Miracle. The first time we hid some things in the closet behind the life jackets because we knew we would be in the same cabin in 10 months. When we got back into the cabin they were still there. I am not sure if that is good or bad....

Well Tiggerman...I don't know if you'll see this or not. But we're cruising July 17, 2012 Sooo...looking forward to it. Your review and a pretty good deal on the Aft Wrap sold me on Carnival.

We cruised Oasis over Thanksgiving. You're right it's a totally different cruise experience but honestly...my family and I agreed the food on Carnival was better. Nobody really cruises for "food" particularly but...I admit Carnival had some "favorites" that I crave later. Oasis...not so much other than I DID like a "sweet potato tart" they served one night in the MDR but other than that...nothing really "stood out".

The Spirit looks so nice. When I priced all the others the normal balcony was only about $100 (yes...not per person simply $100 less) than the Aft Wrap suite. Hmmm...:rolleyes: which to choose... I do wish we we were going to have more time in a couple of the ports but then cruises are just "samplings" for actually taking a real trip there.

My biggest regret in life right now is not living in Alaska :(...it looks so beautiful. But I do have all my family here in Texas...so I guess that's the way it is.

• 3 weeks later...
Well Tiggerman...I don't know if you'll see this or not. But we're cruising July 17, 2012 Sooo...looking forward to it. Your review and a pretty good deal on the Aft Wrap sold me on Carnival.

We cruised Oasis over Thanksgiving. You're right it's a totally different cruise experience but honestly...my family and I agreed the food on Carnival was better. Nobody really cruises for "food" particularly but...I admit Carnival had some "favorites" that I crave later. Oasis...not so much other than I DID like a "sweet potato tart" they served one night in the MDR but other than that...nothing really "stood out".

The Spirit looks so nice. When I priced all the others the normal balcony was only about $100 (yes...not per person simply $100 less) than the Aft Wrap suite. Hmmm...:rolleyes: which to choose... I do wish we we were going to have more time in a couple of the ports but then cruises are just "samplings" for actually taking a real trip there.

My biggest regret in life right now is not living in Alaska :(...it looks so beautiful. But I do have all my family here in Texas...so I guess that's the way it is.

Have a wonderful cruise. You are going to live on that balcony.

• 1 month later...

Dear Tiggerman,

I want to thank you for your comprehensive review!! This is the second time I have read it. Once before booking my upcoming cruise (your review sealed the deal) and just finished reading it again in preparation for my Spirit Cruise in June. SO excited to see Alaska for the first time! :)

Quick question for you: do you know how much it costs to use the "Luggage Express" program?

I see you are cruising to Hawaii next. WOW! I went to Maui 2 years ago and LOVED it! I am curious about your trip. Fingers crossed for another review...also, you are going to Alaska on HAL this summer?? I would love to hear how it compares to the Carnival Spirit.

Thank you SO much for all the information and pictures!!

I hope you have a wonderful trip/ trips this summer,

Pam

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just found this review courtesy of a different thread "rounding up" good reviews across CC - only on page 1 and love it already - My fiance has been to Seattle and loved it, and says I would too - now just need to get him on board with an Alaskan cruise! :D Can't wait to keep reading! Subscribing!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
3 years later and your review is still going strong! Great pictures and overall good review!

Ha Ha, crazy. I just saw this on the front page of the Carnival section. I am glad I can be of help. I love writing them, they are just time consuming. I hope to do one for my upcoming SE Asia cruise in a couple weeks.

To all, thanks again for reading!

• 1 month later...
Ha Ha, crazy. I just saw this on the front page of the Carnival section. I am glad I can be of help. I love writing them, they are just time consuming. I hope to do one for my upcoming SE Asia cruise in a couple weeks.

To all, thanks again for reading!

Loved, Loved, Loved your review!!! You put in words many of the feelings I had during my two cruises to Alaska and could not express. I tell everyone that I went to Alaska the first time for my DH and expected to just have a so-so time. I fell in love with it and booked a second cruise and look forward to a third one in the future. One of the best places I have been for the scenery and relaxation and really "feeling" the beauty of Nature. Thanks so much for the posts and I look forward to the Asia Review with great anticipation. :D

Archived