Excursions at the port

thshhh

Anyone have an experience to share about waiting and getting excursion at the port?

We grabbed a tour with Fab Tours when they went to Bannister Island. I talked them down $10 pp because we had our own snorkel gear. My BIL got a snorkel trip for he and his wife and they were the only 2 people on the boat. They snorkeled around a small island and then the boat took them back to the ship. Brent said that it was the best $70 that he ever spent.

Coral Breeze Tours is always a good bet for snorkeling & they can be booked ahead online to be sure of your reservation.

Look up their site for details & you get a local lunch on Caye Caulker if that is the trip you select.

We go with them twice each year & they always please.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

I've read that Belize is one place that you want to have some excursion booked. I wouldn't wait until you get there for this port.

Although, I am sure others have booked excursions once arriving. I just won't be doing that.

Maggie

• 4 weeks later...
We grabbed a tour with Fab Tours when they went to Bannister Island. I talked them down $10 pp because we had our own snorkel gear. My BIL got a snorkel trip for he and his wife and they were the only 2 people on the boat. They snorkeled around a small island and then the boat took them back to the ship. Brent said that it was the best $70 that he ever spent.

What tour company did your bil go with, we would love to find some small excursions.

What tour company did your bil go with, we would love to find some small excursions.

I don't think that it was a tour company. He asked one of the locals if they knew someone that would take them out and the local hooked him up with some of his amigos. Brent said that he was a little apprehensive when he first met the guys. One had a 45 cal. pistol (1911 Colt for the gun nuts on the boards) tatooed on his neck.:eek:

I would book with some of the companies reviewed here on CC. Coral Breeze has a big following. I also heard that Fab Tours has their own island now.

I don't think that it was a tour company. He asked one of the locals if they knew someone that would take them out and the local hooked him up with some of his amigos. Brent said that he was a little apprehensive when he first met the guys. One had a 45 cal. pistol (1911 Colt for the gun nuts on the boards) tatooed on his neck.:eek:

I would book with some of the companies reviewed here on CC. Coral Breeze has a big following. I also heard that Fab Tours has their own island now.

Thanks, one of the few people on our board said they had a terrible time with coral breeze but i have since read some good reviews about them. is fab tours a small capacity tour? we like to go with about 10 people. we are looking at star tours but they want paid in full up front with a shipping and handling fee so iam a little reluctant to book right now. i will eat a few shrimp for you. LOL

When we went with Fab, there were maybe 30 people who went to Bannister and probably half of them went on the snorkel trip.

We went to Caye Caulker last year with Star Tours. I wasn't impressed. First we had to take a 45 minute water taxi ride where we were met at the dock and then taken to the resort. Then we waited 30 minutes while they scatched their butts and got their plans in order. The outboard on their boat quit running several times on the way out to the reef. The snorkeling was pretty good. We saw good coral, a pod of dolphins and plenty of fish on the reef and then were taken to a sandy bar and swam with the rays. However, when I asked about the time our guide announced that he didn't have a watch. That sent me scrambling for my watch just to make sure that we weren't going to miss the water taxi. We almost did and it was the last one.:eek:

All in all, I wouldn't recommend this tour. If I go back to Caye Caulker, I will take the tour from the ship, and this is coming from a guy who normally does it on his own.

Archived