need recent experiences with kids club- age ?

Thanks, NYdoll1. I would be horrified if my son or any other boy we knew did that. They'd be spending the rest of the cruise in the cabin, by themselves. We usually cruise during times when there aren't many kids onboard and, until this next cruise, our son has been too young to be able to just hang out outside the kids program. I'm glad for this first cruise since becoming a tween, we are going with friends who have a son a year older than ours. I'm thinking that they will just want to do things with each other and not join up with another group of kids. And, it's all a matter of respect. Who are these kids that thye haven't been taught that, regardless of their culture? Our rules on the cruise are going to be spelled out in detail and the consequences of breaking them will be time alone in the cabin.

Somewhere on the Oasis board there is a "contract with my kids" that basically spells out what some wise parent put together for their kids to read and sign. I did it with my kids, some basic common sense but seeing it in print was helpful. Things like, stay together and if you are going to separate, let an adult know, check in on your walkie talkies every hour, don't go on deck after dark alone, dont go into anyone else's cabin unless that person has been approved by us. We added some of our own but our kids knew the rules. Got to say, I dont have the kind of kids who get their kicks out of pushing all the buttons in the elevator or, heaven forbid, licking girls or making rude comments but it takes all kinds I guess.

Because of the problems getting them together in the teen club they stayed together and have an amazing, amazing time. They would split up a few times a day, my son in the video arcade, my daughter going up to the boardwalk for ice cream or a donut (lots of those) but they had to tell us first on their walkies and then tell us when they were back together again. We left them at activities too, skating, swimming etc. and had no issues there. On Allure for 2012 we will try the teen club, hopefully it will be a little calmer that time. Maybe just 1,999 kids! Enjoy your cruise, NYD

If you go to the Oasis board and put in "2000" kids you will see the reference. Says 2000 guests under the age of 18, and we wondered why we couldnt get an elevator at night......

This is the #1 reason I won't ever cruise on Oasis.

The #2 reason is that the itinerary is awful!

Thanks, NYdoll1! I printed a copy of the contract and we are looking at it and probably going to add some things to it. I think if we make the consequences harsh enough, there will be no temptation to break the rules. This will be our first experience with our kids having some freedom on a cruise. We want them to have fun, but, most importantly, want them to be safe and respectful. I don't think our boys will be running the halls or pressing the elevator buttons, but they have discovered girls this year and that leaves me wondering. Our 12 year old thinks he's about 15 and, quite frankly, looks it. We're learning as we go...

Archived