Universal Studios Pre-cruise-info PLEASE

STARFISH*4

thinking of doing this the day before our February cruise...we would flyin 2 days before....is this doable?

so i would probably need a hotel near Universal and then the day of the cruise transportation to the port....what am i LOOKING at here???

any INFO or SUGGESTIONs would be GREATLY APPRECIATED--just need a PUSH in the RIGHT direction;)....THANKS MUCHLY:)

thinking of doing this the day before our February cruise...we would flyin 2 days before....is this doable?

so i would probably need a hotel near Universal and then the day of the cruise transportation to the port....what am i LOOKING at here???

any INFO or SUGGESTIONs would be GREATLY APPRECIATED--just need a PUSH in the RIGHT direction;)....THANKS MUCHLY:)

Are you renting a car? You might want to stay some place fun like Santa Monica (perhaps Bruin Steve has some recommendations or tripadvisor.com), then drive to Universal for the day, spend the night again in Santa Monica, drop the car off at LAX, then take the SuperShuttle to the port.

Do you belong to Costco? I think it sells discount Universal Studio passes and I have also found great car rental rates on line with them too.

If you aren't renting a car, you probably want to take a shuttle up towards a hotel near Universal (post this question on the Los Angeles boards of tripadvisor.com for hotel recommendations) and then so you can enjoy Universal City Walk, just spend the second night there and a shuttle to the port in the morning of departure.

If you aren't renting a car, you probably want to take a shuttle up towards a hotel near Universal (post this question on the Los Angeles boards of tripadvisor.com for hotel recommendations) and then so you can enjoy Universal City Walk, just spend the second night there and a shuttle to the port in the morning of departure.

not wanting to rent a car...i have found universal tours that pick you up at your hotel....so now i think its just deciding WHERE and then too how much for transportation the day of the cruise to San Pedro....

THANKS for your help tho and will go to trip advisor:)

Easiest way to do this without a car would be to fly into BURBANK AIRPORT...

It's only about six miles from Universal and is a small, easy to get around airport...

At Universal--right on the property, there are two hotels--a Hilton and a Sheraton...Both are very convenient...You can walk right over to the theme park/studio or to CityWalk with its shops and restaurants...If you wanted to go down into Hollywood (and had the time), you could do it from here by Metro...or any of the bus tour companies would pick you up here...

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/BURUCHF-Hilton-Los-Angeles-Universal-City-California/index.do

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=83

A couple of alternative hotels in the area and a little less expensive though a little less convenient are the Beverly Garland and the Sportsmen's Lodge...but from these, you would need a shuttle to the park...The Beverly Garland has a complimentary shuttle to Universal...not sure about Sportsmen's...

http://www.beverlygarland.com/

http://www.slhotel.com/

Oh...Check out the SL's link to their Universal special:

https://reservations.ihotelier.com/crs/p_prod.cfm?HotelID=13618&ProdID=24119&killcookie=1&LanguageID=1

You could then get a shuttle (try Super Shuttle or Prime Time Shuttle) from hotel to the pier the morning of the cruise...

You could always fly home post-cruise from LAX if you wanted (closer to the pier), though Burbank isn't bad to fly out of--really short lines for check in and security...EASY airport...it's just that it's about 37 miles from the pier rather than the 20 to LAX and may take a little more time to get there and cost a little more for a shuttle...

Good luck...

I assume you're going to Universal because you want to go to a theme park. If you wanted an extensive studio tour, but weren't interested in the theme park, I think either Warner Brothers Studios, in Burbank, or Sony Studios, in Culver City, would be better.

have been to LA numerous times (land vacations-always drove...done all the TOURIST places but its been awhile and we did want to go to Universal but decided that with the money we would save the extra day in LA we would take another CRUISE:D...so we will just come in a day before and stay over by San Pedro, but DO APPRECIATE EVERYONEs help and suggestions!!!

Archived