Early Saver price reduction denied, why?

car7brg

I have a PT room booked on Triumph 6/26, the rate for an inside catagory was listed Monday as $40 per person less than I paid. I put in the form for Resident and was denied. Why was it denied? Of course, no explanation was pending. There are no more PT rooms, it was the price of an inside catagory. Any help or ideas? Rates are fluctuating constantly, maybe I can get another shot.:confused:

You cant price match to a sold out category. Your choice is to move to a regular inside cabin and give up your port holes and get the $40, or to keep them, no price match.

Im looking at that problem all the time, PTs, or lower categories sold out, cant price match.

The rules say you have to price match to your own category, wish myself I could price match to say a 4A, since its the same price.

I posted OBC. I thought that was what I was to do. First you request an upgrade, then you have to request a OBC? What if the price changes? Ugg.

Are you sure its worth $40 to give up your port hole cabin?? They used to be 5A cabins, and to me worth more than a inside cabin. Hard choice always for me too.

PS if you do want to upgrade to a 4A or higher cabin, and its less, then check both the upgrade and the OBC box. put which category you want to upgrade to in the comments section.

Well crap, I was so excited. Oh well, I am not giving up the pt cabin, it was a good price and if I switched to an inside my daughter would kill me. My PVP was a bit misleading with me, since there are hardly any PT cabins I would never have gotten a better price. Live and learn, at least I didn't have to spend more! Unless I get a deal for a balcony, which currently is $190 more per person, so no such luck. Thanks!

Well crap, I was so excited. Oh well, I am not giving up the pt cabin, it was a good price and if I switched to an inside my daughter would kill me. My PVP was a bit misleading with me, since there are hardly any PT cabins I would never have gotten a better price. Live and learn, at least I didn't have to spend more! Unless I get a deal for a balcony, which currently is $190 more per person, so no such luck. Thanks!

I feel your pain, lol. I had the 1A with two windows, before they changed it to a 6B, and the inside cabins went down ... a LOT. .. They are always changing the categories.... the one you have used to be worth more than any inside cabin, so I probably would stay put too. 4A will be forward and aft bottom deck and I usually choose at least main for PT cabins (on fantasy class I choose Empress deck)

I dont think it was misleading, ES was the lowest price you could have paid. unless you were told you could price match to another category (which would have been untrue), I cant see how you were mislead.

Dissapointing. YES.

Doubt I was misled either, just confused! We are in 2217, so it was a good price. Beds stay apart but it is me and my 18 year old daughter, so that is fine. Maybe there will be a great drop on a balcony in the next month! Thanks for the info!

Doubt I was misled either, just confused! We are in 2217, so it was a good price. Beds stay apart but it is me and my 18 year old daughter, so that is fine. Maybe there will be a great drop on a balcony in the next month! Thanks for the info!

btw thats a 1A... the cabin next to it is a PT (porthole). (yes, yours has two portholes, but doesnt have twin beds, yours has one twin and one convertible sofa). yours is almost the same as a PT.

My mistake. I assumed you had a PT cabin... but its still the same principle.

We had 2211, the 1A next to yours on conquest, and I was supposed to have it on Triumph too.. but I did the upgrade to get the OBC you are talking about. We got a 4E to save $60 but another IS guarantee rate had dropped $100 and I was kinda pissed they considered a 1A HIGHER than IS guarantee in their chain for price matches and upgrades allowed.

(even though you cant get a 1A with a IS guarantee).

Did you like the 2211 room?

We loved the cabin and the layout, Big L kinda, so we had lots of open space in the middle of the cabin.

We had a kind of awful cabin steward (only bad one in 10 cruises), and we only had 3 hangers, called three times, only got one pillow for the 2nd bed.

Excuses excuses excuses...well usually only one person books this cabin (so you didnt notice there were two of us). I called housekeeping at least 3 times. he said the pillow was in the drawer of the convertible sofa ..nope..back to him again.

My sister rolled out of bed onto her shoulder and broke it the first morning we boarded. Couldnt be set, so reason to cancel ...but we really needed two pillows for her bed. .. and couldnt hang up our clothes and unpack for a extra day.

We LOVED the cabin except for the dimwit. Great cabin and location nice and easy to get to the theater and quiet location.

Archived