Oasis in the rain

I didn't mind it, except when trying to get from Park Cafe to the elevator lobby. My food got soaked in just that little amount of time. We didn't realize how hard it was raining! :eek:

Yes I hear you. One night I didn't realise how hard it was raining and by the time I got to the other side I was soaked.

Getting wet in Central Park and the Boardwalk is one of the things that makes Oasis unique.

I think you're absolutely right about that. There were a few people in formal gear who weren't too pleased, but it wasn't a huge deal. We watched the storm come in from our portside balcony and it really was quite amazing.

Loved your pics. I guess I will be adding an umbrella to my packing list for the Oasis.

LOL, that's something I never thought of! I suppose you could avoid all the open areas when it rains, but if you wanted to take a stroll in the park in the rain, having an umbrella would be nice. :D

And David4, I like your perspective (both literally and figuratively.) Nice to hear someone take a different view on the rain in the open areas and I also loved the pictures, taken from down close to "puddle level". ;)

:::::as I put an umbrella in my suitcase for tomorrow's Oasis adventure:::::

Those pictures are actually very pretty of the wet boardwalk. Interestingly of all the cruises I have been on, none of them have been through a rain storm (well... except for 10 minutes of sailway on the Enchantment two years ago). Perhaps it's luck. It seems that the Oasis has had quite a few rainstorms lately. I know its rainy season in Florida right now, but when I was on the Jewel in Nov the captain said they try to navigate around storm clouds

or maybe I am just incredibly gullible!!!

LOL, that's something I never thought of! I suppose you could avoid all the open areas when it rains, but if you wanted to take a stroll in the park in the rain, having an umbrella would be nice. :D

I don't know where you're stopping, but lots of people used them in Costa Maya. Quite a few people had rain ponchos as well. We had neither, of course.

:::::as I put an umbrella in my suitcase for tomorrow's Oasis adventure:::::
Bon Voyage! Enjoy your cruise next week! I love seeing that you're leaving so soon. We are only 3 weeks away!

Shane, my son, took the pictures. It is a hobby of his. He took it with a Canon 50D and the lense is a 70to200 F2.8 ultra sonic.

I like this picture also. This is still on the Boardwalk.

2051548290103142668S600x600Q85.jpg

Don't know what it is but I loved it when it rained on Oasis.

This is the Boardwalk in the rain.

2809048250103142668S600x600Q85.jpg

2915514530103142668S600x600Q85.jpg

When I saw this picture, the first thought that came to my mind was "Gene Kelly, Singing in the Rain." Love it!!!

Archived