Anyone else have billing problems with Princess

Appygirl

So far Princess has not refunded the MC and charged my Visa even though we followed their procedures after we called and told them that our MC company wanted us to make one last attempt before they put in the chargeback. Maybe it will take them a few days. On day 15 or 16 of the cruise I did get a statement which I still have in my possession. Everything was correct. Everything was in US funds. Nowhere did it say to be charged partly to the MC and all to be converted to Canadian funds. That all came a couple of days later on disembarkation with the final statement. One way or another we'll get it settled.

So far Princess has not refunded the MC and charged my Visa even though we followed their procedures after we called and told them that our MC company wanted us to make one last attempt before they put in the chargeback. Maybe it will take them a few days. On day 15 or 16 of the cruise I did get a statement which I still have in my possession. Everything was correct. Everything was in US funds. Nowhere did it say to be charged partly to the MC and all to be converted to Canadian funds. That all came a couple of days later on disembarkation with the final statement. One way or another we'll get it settled.

Good luck! I have been waiting for a reply from 4 emails that have been sent from Princess Australia to Princess HO regarding charging my account in their favour instead of my CC doing the conversion.

They just ignore everyone and hope you will go away. I will try again today and get Princess Australia to send another email - No. 5!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the tip but how else would they charge it? What do you mean by 'Manually'

I'm from the UK and have a UK credit card and have lodged these details on the cruise personalizer

I suspect by manually she means what I do - head down to the pursers desk with my credit card in hand and pay my outstanding balance at that point. The transaction will be handled in US dollars, a handwritten charge slip made out and a telephone authorization done. I walk away with my copy and they don't pillage my accounts with an outrageous exchange rate.

I usually do this on either the last full day or the second to last full day onboard. That way, if they muck up on my final bill, its only a matter of a day or two's worth of charges.

The automated system never seems to work well for Canadians, especially if they booked in Canadian dollars.

Just a hint for my fellow canucks, you can request your prices in US dollars from your local travel agent, and you may find them quite a bargain compared to the Canadian prices. Princess often sets an exchange rate for a fare well in advance and always with room for change in their favor. You can request your booking be made in US$, and, I believe you can even have your agent refare an existing booking in US$ so long as it's before the final payment date.

To the first poster, Princess won't be able to do anything with your cards as once you leave the ship, there is no access to them.

I know this because I did a B2B. On the first Friday I didn't queue up to have my card swiped but I still got a statement. On the last Friday of the cruise I thought I didn't need to have my card swiped as I still got a statement to my cabin. About two weeks after I got home, I got a call from a relative that worked on that cruise saying, me and my friend hadn't paid the second week's bill. I said well ask princess to take the amount off our cards and he explained they couldn't as the card details are wiped or deleted or whatever from Princess' records once you leave the ship. He then said he would pay the bills for us and we would put the amount back into his account, which we did, as we all bank on line and we just transferred it.

I don't know what would have happened otherwise unless we'd have got a bill by post.

We've done back to backs and have never had to take the credit card down to the pursers to be re-swiped.

Neither have we. And we can either have the first cruise charged to the credit card before the second cruise begins, or have been able to carry the balance over to the second leg of the cruise.

Neither have we. And we can either have the first cruise charged to the credit card before the second cruise begins, or have been able to carry the balance over to the second leg of the cruise.
Same here, though the one time I did go down and give them my card information for the second leg (because the one in my personalizer had been stolen during the first leg), they mucked it up and still tried to charge everything to my stolen card.

What do you think happened with mine then? Do you think it was Princess that made an error? I just assumed it was my fault for not having the card swiped on the Friday night before we disembarked the morning after

What do you think happened with mine then? Do you think it was Princess that made an error? I just assumed it was my fault for not having the card swiped on the Friday night before we disembarked the morning after

Unless things have changed in the last few months, I would guess it was just an error on their part. But I see you are from the UK, so that might be handled differently then for me from the U.S., I honestly have no idea except guesses. :o

Unless things have changed in the last few months, I would guess it was just an error on their part. But I see you are from the UK, so that might be handled differently then for me from the U.S., I honestly have no idea except guesses. :o

Oh, ok, thanks

Yes! Every time we cruise Princess sems to have an expectation of being paid! And then at the conclsuion of the cruise, they have the nerve to send along a bill for payment because we've taken advantage of the ship's own excursions. And even they aren't complementary!

We love Princess cruise and will continue as long as we can ... even if they continue to expect to be paid.;)!

I'm sorry I just couldn't resist.

To the first poster, Princess won't be able to do anything with your cards as once you leave the ship, there is no access to them.

I know this because I did a B2B. On the first Friday I didn't queue up to have my card swiped but I still got a statement. On the last Friday of the cruise I thought I didn't need to have my card swiped as I still got a statement to my cabin. About two weeks after I got home, I got a call from a relative that worked on that cruise saying, me and my friend hadn't paid the second week's bill. I said well ask princess to take the amount off our cards and he explained they couldn't as the card details are wiped or deleted or whatever from Princess' records once you leave the ship. He then said he would pay the bills for us and we would put the amount back into his account, which we did, as we all bank on line and we just transferred it.

I don't know what would have happened otherwise unless we'd have got a bill by post.

Why does that sound strange to me???? :confused:

Archived