Best place to eat in Cozumel??

StacylShaw

My son and his GF ate at Panchos last year and liked it. I gave him $40 for lunch and told him I want the change.

Saw him sitting at the table eating and asked for my change. He started laughing and said it was $46.00.

Damn kids!:D They said it was very good thoguh.:)

Bill

I would also recommend Pancho's Backyard. We ate outside in this little courtyard and they had a mariachi band playing. The food and margaritas were very good too.

We like it too, but that was 4 yrs ago.

1955 USS Randall NY to Bremerhaven

1958 USS ???? Bremerhaven to NY

2000 Imagination (Miami, GC, Ocho Rios)

2006 Holiday (Mobile, Costa Maya, Coz.. best food)

2007 Triumph (Miami, HMC, San Juan, Grand Turk)

2008 Destiny (San Juan island a day cruise)

2009 Spirit (Alaska is cool, but I didn't need winter clothes.)

2010 Triumph (NOLA, Progresso, Coz if it's not too oily)

Cruisn for Platinum and Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

We found a little hut on stilts on the south? end of the island away from everything. I think it was called Bob Marleys. Great steak fajitas, ice cold beer, real coke in bottles and hammocks.

Or you could eat for free on the ship.

I would also recommend Pancho's Backyard. We ate outside in this little courtyard and they had a mariachi band playing. The food and margaritas were very good too.

Gotta Second Pancho's Backyard, and they usually have free Margarita tasting outside the restaurant, Great hand blown glasses in the shops around there, and great prices on all kinds of items to bring back. Pancho's is AMAZING never miss it when we are there!

We just returned from Cozumel and on the advice of the Frommer's book tried a place called Cafe Denis. It's close to the port area. They said the salsa was gringo but sure could have fooled us lol! I tried the Pollo Pibli (or something like that) - it's Mayan chicken - it was awesome! And the margaritas are kick..:). Cost listed in pesos but they take USD.

We stay in Cozumel to dive once a year and always make a point of going to COSTA BRAVA. It is just down the street from Carlos and Charlies in town on Calle 7 Sur between Rafael Melgar (main street by the water) and 5 Av. Sur. Very authentic, food is wonderful, very reasonable.:D

Yep. Pancho's Backyard downtown, not by the port. Eat there most every time I'm in Cozumel. Have their guacamole...it's yummy!

Playa Bonita on the eastside of the island, great food at a beachfront restaurant.....eat, drink, swim, relax away from the crowds!

We second you on Playa Bonita..........good food........... .no crowds......beach.........water........good drinks

Here's another vote of Poncho's.

And yet another for Ponchos. Never been to Cozumel on cruise ship. But I have been there many times diving. Also there is place on the other side of the island called "Coconuts". Cab ride might be costly, but look at place called Lesspay rental. Rent a jeep and drive there. If 4 people or more split the cost of the jeep it will not cost that much.

My son and his GF ate at Panchos last year and liked it. I gave him $40 for lunch and told him I want the change.

Saw him sitting at the table eating and asked for my change. He started laughing and said it was $46.00.

Damn kids!:D They said it was very good thoguh.:)

Bill

When I first started going to Cozumel to dive the DW and I could go out for dinner, have 2-3 drinks with dinner and eat dinner and pay around $40.00 for the both of us. When we were there in 2008 it was $40.00 per person. Back when we first started going there cruise ships called there about twice a week. Now in the winter and spring there are as many 5-7 ships a day there.

Shop before you stop there!!!

A few years ago DW & I apparently did some shopping after a light lunch and several margaritas (grandes!) because the next morning we found 3 mexican blankets in our cabin.

Then we had to wait until the liquor delivery on the last night to fill out the custom tags as we knew we had made some purchases in the tequila store but didn't remember how much.:eek:

Since then our rule has been "No shopping after Pancho's"

The margaritas are truly the best ever.

Charlie

Agree with Pancho's Backyard. We always go to the one downtown at the end of the shopping street. Great food, great margaritas and a great marimba duo.

Dianne

^^ this

We actually booked 2 cruises that stop in Cozumel this year and one next year ( It's the DW favorite POC) . Plus you can search for free Margarita coupons on line for Pancho's. (only for the small though, Which really aren't that small) Awesome.

Well my favourite place is downtown, where the main square is, it's on the street behind. It's a little place called "La Parroquia" and it's been refurbed so it's now a yellow building but it's upstairs.

The best fajitas I have EVER had (it's the way they season them yum yum) for $6 and fishbowl glasses of Daquiri/Margaritas (and they do not skimp on the alcohol, you only need 1) for $5.

Another popular place with the crewmembers is La Choza, it's all about the sauce at La Choza, but the food is really good too.

Playa Bonita on the eastside of the island, great food at a beachfront restaurant.....eat, drink, swim, relax away from the crowds!

Totally aggree with Playa Bonita. We were there just this past week and loved everything about it. Just hire you a taxi and take a drive to the "wild side" of the island for some beautiful views and great food. My second choice would have to be Pancho's (not Poncho's) either downtown or at the pier.

Archived