If your ship cannot dock at Mahogany Bay

terryde

If you end up at Coxen Hole, as I have heard before if winds prevent docking at MB, do you still have access to the MB facilities? Is there transportation there? Wanted to tour the island and maybe end up at MB if there is extra time.

If you end up at Coxen Hole, as I have heard before if winds prevent docking at MB, do you still have access to the MB facilities? Is there transportation there? Wanted to tour the island and maybe end up at MB if there is extra time.

This happened to us on May 18th. Winds prevented us from docking at Mahogany Bay, so we wound up at Coxen Hole instead. With no ship porting there, Mahogany Bay was completely shut down, and we had no access to it at all.

Thanks, this is important info especially for those pax that plan to just chill at MB. We docked at Coxen Hole last time and went to the old Fins and Flippers, and the walk to our dock was not great - not a great area on that side.

What about for those that booked excursions with private companies. If the ship docks at Coxen instead, do they automatically come there to pick up? It would make sense as they all know where the ship ends up!

Thanks, this is important info especially for those pax that plan to just chill at MB. We docked at Coxen Hole last time and went to the old Fins and Flippers, and the walk to our dock was not great - not a great area on that side.

What about for those that booked excursions with private companies. If the ship docks at Coxen instead, do they automatically come there to pick up? It would make sense as they all know where the ship ends up!

Well, I had a day booked with Barefoot Cay Dive Center, who was supposed to have a driver pick me up at Mahogany Bay. The driver automatically diverted to Coxen Hole to meet us, but the transportation price doubled because of the longer transit.

I know some people think Mahogany Bay is contrived, but my husband and I stopped there in January and loved it. I was truly disappointed when learning that we'll be docking in Coxen Hole when my best friend and I are on the Solstice in June. This trip for us is all about R & R and the stop at Mahogany Bay would be perfect. A little shopping and a beautiful beach. Does anyone know if we would be restricted from Mahogany Bay if we were not on one of the ships docked there? Any idea what a taxi would cost from Coxen Hole to Mahogany Bay?

I know some people think Mahogany Bay is contrived, but my husband and I stopped there in January and loved it. I was truly disappointed when learning that we'll be docking in Coxen Hole when my best friend and I are on the Solstice in June. This trip for us is all about R & R and the stop at Mahogany Bay would be perfect. A little shopping and a beautiful beach. Does anyone know if we would be restricted from Mahogany Bay if we were not on one of the ships docked there? Any idea what a taxi would cost from Coxen Hole to Mahogany Bay?

Sorry, but Mahogany Bay is owned by Carnival Corporation, and is for exclusive use of guests on the ships docking there (Carnival, Princess, etc). As a passenger on a Celebrity ship, you would not be able to access Mahogany Bay. You might as well consider it to be Carnival's "private island" at Roatan.

Archived